OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like I may need a bigger pump as well! Not finished plumbing the inside of the overflow yet but not getting too much water. Sorry for the sideway video!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would have agreed with @Floyd R Turbo. LOL I would have drained it first. I get super nervous about those things. :D

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throttle down the overflow. You want to raise the water level in the outer box to keep the system quiet. Irrespective of wether you need more flow or not.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Throttle down the overflow. You want to raise the water level in the outer box to keep the system quiet. Irrespective of wether you need more flow or not.

I'm not worried about the sound right now. It's as loud as it can be right now and I hear zero in the viewing room! :D

Nick James

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the hi jack, but I have a quick question about the overflow plumbing. I need to plumb my own and was curious if it is detrimental to the siphon to not have a larger drop before the pipe goes horizontal like in your setup. If not my plumbing got a lot easier!

Beautiful set up, love the fish room!

Alphasig293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to ask if the Vectra was large enough to handle that, especially since its not sitting directly under the tank. I have a 230 w/ a 125 sump that I'll be setting up this year, and I was thinking that the Vectra should be able to handle that system, I'm planning on putting my sump under the tank.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember which vectra rev has, but I was running a 120 with a 40 sump right underneath with a vectra m1 and was disappointed with the return flow. Even running full blast.

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I may need a bigger pump as well! Not finished plumbing the inside of the overflow yet but not getting too much water. Sorry for the sideway video!

I have Reef flow hammerhead/barracuda hybrid for my basement and think it would be enough pump for what you need it to do. It drives a 125 and a 180 tank, the skimmer and reactors and still has at least 1000gph left over. I ran into the same problem when I moved and upgraded my system

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's hard to tell, but it looks like you might have used 1" plumbing on your return. If your return flow is close to what you want, you might consider bumping your return plumbing up a size.

Alphasig293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I have Reef flow hammerhead/barracuda hybrid for my basement and think it would be enough pump for what you need it to do. It drives a 125 and a 180 tank, the skimmer and reactors and still has at least 1000gph left over. I ran into the same problem when I moved and upgraded my system"

Yeah I'm thinking that's what I'll be going with! The Vectra just seems under powered for LARGE systems.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back