Rhomboid not eating

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss bud, was the fish eating prior to the prazipro treatments?

Next time I would suggest using api general cure in lieu of the liquid prazi. It spreads the dosage out over a longer period so it's less of a instant hit of medication.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss bud, was the fish eating prior to the prazipro treatments?

Next time I would suggest using api general cure in lieu of the liquid prazi. It spreads the dosage out over a longer period so it's less of a instant hit of medication.

He never ate a lot or aggressively. I think he had some internal issues, there appeared to be some bruising in red and green areas. I've never lost a fish to unknown reasons in QT (only had jumpers) do I need to tear down and "sanitize" the tank and equipment? This really makes me question purchasing fish sight unseen which would damper the fish I can add. I prefer the liquid Prazi since its only in the water column for 24 hours but I'll look into and research the General Cure.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do I need to tear down and "sanitize" the tank and equipment?
Tough to say. Going just off the info you've provided, it sound like something internally damaged to me. That could have been during collection, or at some point during transit. If we assume it was internal injury, than I wouldn't bother to dry the tank.
It really depends on how much risk you are willing to take on the next QT fish.

Deinonych

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He never ate a lot or aggressively. I think he had some internal issues, there appeared to be some bruising in red and green areas. I've never lost a fish to unknown reasons in QT (only had jumpers) do I need to tear down and "sanitize" the tank and equipment? This really makes me question purchasing fish sight unseen which would damper the fish I can add. I prefer the liquid Prazi since its only in the water column for 24 hours but I'll look into and research the General Cure.

I rarely lose fish in QT, but it does happen. I've purchased all of my fish from online vendors, so I can't say that buying a fish sight unseen has been a recurring problem for me. The fact that most online vendors offer a guarantee makes it well worth it to me.

As far as the QT goes, it's really up to you and your level of risk aversion like Hunter said above. If the fish did have some sort of illness, you are risking it being transferred to the next fish to enter the QT. Personally, I always tear down the QT between acquisitions. YMMV.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I'll tear it down. I've never tore it down between fish, never felt the reason to, this is my. first unexplainable death in QT. It stings too.

For some reason it seems I have bad luck with fish purchased unseen, probably completely coincidental but doesn't leave me at ease. Maybe just limit it to places with some sort of guarantee.

Back before I QT'd every fish if I had a loss I understood it, it didn't bother me (it bothered me to lose a fish but not to this extent.) This one is different. Wonder where I went wrong. Sucks when you're trying to do things right and did everything I could.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back