rose bubble tip anemone care question

joshua1316

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so i have some questions and i have herd 2 different answers so i want to see what others say.

So do rose bubble tip anemone need Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity to live in your tank? say i didn't dose it or i did but not often because i have no coral. Can the rose bubble tip live without it?

Ive had one side say you don't need to dose Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity just feed the bubble tip food. "but adding Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity to the correct levels will help it but not required."

and the other side says

you must dose Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity or your bubble tip will die.

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, stability in alkalinity and salinity are the two most important factors in keeping anemones. Even without much coral, I needed to dose to maintain stable ALK (my guess is because of the rapid growth of coralline) and more so once I added coral. Keep in mind every system is slightly different; you need to invest in some quality test kits and confirm your parameters are stable. Your parameters are your best guide as to what you need to dose, when to dose and how much. If you can't keep your salinity and ALK in range and stable then your system is not adequate to house these critters.

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, stability in alkalinity and salinity are the two most important factors in keeping anemones. Even without much coral, I needed to dose to maintain stable ALK (my guess is because of the rapid growth of coralline) and more so once I added coral. Keep in mind every system is slightly different; you need to invest in some quality test kits and confirm your parameters are stable. Your parameters are your best guide as to what you need to dose, when to dose and how much. If you can't keep your salinity and ALK in range and stable then your system is not adequate to house these critters.
I would also ad ph to the equation here....very important factor

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also ad ph to the equation here....very important factor
What about light....I have a 65 fowlr...with rock going to about 18" from top...have a Current Orbit and a 50 watt actinic (big guy) will that do it for one...also will they eat pep.shrimp, hermits, I certainly will feed...thinking of clowns...

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about light....I have a 65 fowlr...with rock going to about 6":confused: from top...have a Current Orbit and a 50 watt actinic (big guy) will that do it for one...also will they eat pep.shrimp, hermits, I certainly will feed...thinking of clowns...

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back