RSCP users, Ive got some questions.

glweek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i keep hearing they use RSCP as it helps to spend less in 2 part...i've heard this more than a few times now. So are ya'll using it as a weekly "dose" of elements and keeping your system at a lower level than what the salt mixes to or are you keeping your tank at the same level that RSCP mixes to?

Used Kent for a long time, on a tub of IO now figured why not give RSCP a try as lots of people like it and t was recently on sale at BRS.

IF IT HELPS my system is a deep blue 30gal with a 10 gal sump with total volume of maybe 28 gal. Keeping my numbers at about 410cal and 9.0 alk and using 1/4 tsp kalk per gal ato which i go through about a 1/3 gal a day.

Im not opposed to running a high alk tank and see how everything responds.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll bump this for RSCP users.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High alk is only possible with high nutrients. If you keep your nutrients low running high alk can cause burnt tips on acro's. Alk in a water change will not "help" much best to keep the alk at the level of the tank. So that you don't see a raise or lower in alk at all.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i keep hearing they use RSCP as it helps to spend less in 2 part...i've heard this more than a few times now. So are ya'll using it as a weekly "dose" of elements and keeping your system at a lower level than what the salt mixes to or are you keeping your tank at the same level that RSCP mixes to?

Used Kent for a long time, on a tub of IO now figured why not give RSCP a try as lots of people like it and t was recently on sale at BRS.

IF IT HELPS my system is a deep blue 30gal with a 10 gal sump with total volume of maybe 28 gal. Keeping my numbers at about 410cal and 9.0 alk and using 1/4 tsp kalk per gal ato which i go through about a 1/3 gal a day.

Im not opposed to running a high alk tank and see how everything responds.

That two part savings is insignificant (IMO) unless you change a lot of water. It also means that when mixed to a fixed salinity, you are getting less of other salt water components than a salt mix with less calcium and alkalinity and magnesium.

OP
OP
glweek

glweek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I figured and didn't know if I was missing something. This tank is a z/p LPS exclusively so I try to keep nutrients up which is hard as I've got a low bioload with 1.5L siporax and a aquamaxx co-1 skimmer. I'll look into the high alk high nutrients thing as I'm intrigued. Thanks for the replies!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been said many times that saltwater mix is not a limiting factor in the success of a reef. The fish keeper is the limiting factor.:)

Back