Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a update and plans:

Lost the ritteri nem while I was gone on vacation. The run in with the wp40 didn't go well. I'm on the fence on getting another nem or just giving up on nems all together.

The hyposalinity isn't going well this round. I decided to give it up and start treating with paragaurd by seachem. I've lost the Wyoming white clown only so far. My regal angel is swollen and swimming upside-down for the last two days. I sure hope the paragaurd helps.

I'm gonna rip the 240 apart, dry all the rock out, wipe the tank down, pull 100% of the sand and allow the tank and plumbing to dry out (serializing the tank). Gonna drain the sump and fuge too. No ich, xenia or aiptasia anymore hopefully.

Taking all coral, shrimp and fuge matter out and putting them in a 29g I use for top off. Hopefully all will be ok for the length of the dry out of the dt and then recycling it for 4+ weeks. Got to figure out if revive kills ich (when I'm able to return the coral after the cycle). Also got to figure out what to dip the fuge matter in to remove any ich then as well.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jackie.

I went ahead a posted the tank for sale on my local forum. Gonna look for something 180+, preferably in the 200 class still. Going back to a glass is a option.

Last edited:

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer glass also. I hope you get what you're looking for :) I saw a couple nice 200+ listed in the Tampa Bay CL last week. Aren't you on the southern side of the Tampa area?

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda 1.5 hours south of Tampa, but good deals and my truck will work,lol. I'll look on CL now

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang. Just got caught up on the past month of events and I'm really sorry man. Glad to hear you'll still be around though and not throwing in the towel

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. Yeah, I almost threw the towel in but too attached to my fish so another run at it.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the beast is drained! Now I have to start looking for another reef, woo hoo!
uploadfromtaptalk1439332593395.jpg

Looks my frags are happy in the remote fuge too.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jackie. I found one on Craigslist that I like (up in Whesley Chapel) but don't have the funds for it so I'm crossing my fingers, lol. Looking between Tampa and Miami, mainly to see what's out there but also to have an idea what, where and when I'll be getting something. We'll see

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. I don't think it'll be too tough finding a new system, just don't want to settle for whatever. I've got a couple different options on some used systems for sale that are nice.
The remote fuge is good. After pulling the par 38 off and building a single mh over it, it's changed greatly. I needed to switch lights cause of the sps.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.... if all goes as planned, the 240 will be leaving my garage this morning. The new owner is on his way and I hope he enjoys it.

As far as my non existing reef, looks like I'll have to start a new build thread when I find a replacement

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back