OP
Michael43

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got him into the prazipro QT within 24 hours of seeing the issue in the second eye. Today is day too. Your link says give it a week before a water change and second dosage. Should I do another FW dip?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got him into the prazipro QT within 24 hours of seeing the issue in the second eye. Today is day too. Your link says give it a week before a water change and second dosage. Should I do another FW dip?

If he's been exposed to Prazipro for 24 hrs then you've done all you can (for now) to fight the flukes. What I would do next is perform a large WC/run carbon, and then dose those antibiotics if you still have them. To ward off any potential eye infection. Before you administer the second dose of Prazipro, do another large WC & run carbon. I wouldn't mix Prazi + antibiotics, but you can give him the benefit of antibiotics while waiting for Round 2 of Prazipro. ;)

OP
OP
Michael43

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you. I'll do a decent sized WC in the AM and add the carbon. Run 24 hours like that and then sat morning dose the eurithronyacin. Don't do another fw dip then?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do another fw dip then?

I wouldn't, no. The risk outweighs any potential benefit at this point. Prazipro should have eliminated any leftover flukes from the fish, and now you are just waiting for all the eggs to hatch before doing the second round of treatment. A FW dip might be beneficial just before the second round depending on how his eyes are looking by then.

Back