Seahorse Addiction?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O my, someone should have warned me how addictive seahorses are! I can't stop watching them in their tank and when I am not watching them I am changing all my avatars to seahorses, and the screen savers on the computer. Of course to do that I need pics so I am taking lots of pics of them too. I just can't seem to help myself. :smile:

Show off your seahorse pics here!

Last edited by a moderator:

wildcrazyjoker81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never had one yet, but will eventually as they are amazing creatures. Pipefish are awesome with these little guys. Walt (Seahorseconservancy) on the WAMAS forums breeds seahorses and runs Seahorseconservancy. He completely understands your addiction. Here are some of his babies below.:smile:
med_gallery_2633089_1464_79350.jpg

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had one yet, but will eventually as they are amazing creatures. Pipefish are awesome with these little guys. Walt (Seahorseconservancy) on the WAMAS forums breeds seahorses and runs Seahorseconservancy. He completely understands your addiction. Here are some of his babies below.:smile:
med_gallery_2633089_1464_79350.jpg

Wow, that is a lot of baby seahorses. I ordered 2 females but received a male and female. I am not set up for a nursery yet so I hope I don't wake up to that one morning!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not so much of how much experience you have as it is paying attention and meeting the particular needs of seahorses. If you are having success with your reef aquarium by maintaining good water quality as in watching your parameters,(PH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrates), I think you would be successful with seahorse after you learn their particular needs. Ocean Rider offers an excellent free online seahorse training course that instructs you on all the particular needs of seahorses. Its implied that you would purchase ponies from them but not mandatory. They certainly are exquisite creatures as are pipefish as well. I am enjoying both immensely.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking of getting a Seahorse tank going.Don't they have short lifespans?

Captive bred seahorses can live to be 5 years old or so. I guess that is short compared to a clownfish or puffer that can live 15-20 years but much better than a wild caught seahorse that is lucky if it lives a year or so.

Back