OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention that an LED flashlight works best. They flouresce green or red. It was almost like they matched the color of the zoa they were eating so they were camouflage. They can look just like the skirt of the zoa.
Where do I get that

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek makes one and I believe there is another but can't remember the name. If you have any LED light with just blues that should work also. I had a spare LED bar that worked well.

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would die if I saw that.. I am OCD about my tank.. I want zero algae although it's impossible and zero worms and such.. no matter how good they are.. I can't stand it.. it's like a maggot.. shivers..

I'm the same way. When I saw it, my heart stopped. I'm soooo good about inspecting and dipping I don't know how they got in my tank.

My Fiancée can't stand the creepy crawlers (bristle worms), lol!

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Zoas disappearing in my frag tank also. And fast. Smaller and smaller. Finally got to the bottom of it. Turned out it was amphipods. Despite what some may say about them being an important part of the ecosystem, harmless or whatever, they got out of control, breeding within a specific porous rock. I didn't have anything to eat them, and they started attacking the fleshy base of only Zoas.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek makes one and I believe there is another but can't remember the name. If you have any LED light with just blues that should work also. I had a spare LED bar that worked well.

Correct, any colored LED works.
You can go to a hunting shop like we have in Tx Bass pro or Field and track and look for a LED flashlight that change colors in green and red.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, any colored LED works.
You can go to a hunting shop like we have in Tx Bass pro or Field and track and look for a LED flashlight that change colors in green and red.
I have one but it's a UV led Blacklight lol I guess I need to order one..

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back