Servo's 850 gallon Upgrade

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but curious to know where the actuator ball valve is going to be used in your plumbing and what it's purpose is? Thanks!

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man can't wait to see this get wet.... Have you fired up the abyzz pumps yet? Definitely would like to know how u like them!

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but curious to know where the actuator ball valve is going to be used in your plumbing and what it's purpose is? Thanks!

The actuator ball valve is my control for my surge. This keeps all microbubbles out of the tank as it closes before the pipe is able to fill up with air from the surge tank.

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man can't wait to see this get wet.... Have you fired up the abyzz pumps yet? Definitely would like to know how u like them!

Not yet. I am waiting on getting the fittings for the A200. I decided to upgrade after plumbing in two A100's. I'm excited to get these going.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking awesome!

slicko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actuator ball valve is my control for my surge. This keeps all microbubbles out of the tank as it closes before the pipe is able to fill up with air from the surge tank.

any more explanation to this? where is the valve located in the surge system? is it a carlson surge style? how does it stop the air bubble reaching tank?

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MEGA build ! i think when you finally get to sit back and look at that tank it will have been worth the wait :) cant wait to see more :)

Bigrock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get the tank on the stand in that small of a room?
I will have a similar situation soon with a massive glass tank. I'm not sure I want a forklift driving on my newly poured foundation. Any recommendations? Also did you have any issues with subs working around the crated tank and stand?

Rock is looking really good so far.

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumping in late, but I am running an ARID reactor on a (much, much) smaller tank (Elos System 70) and running nitrates at around 0 and Phosphate at or below 0.03 (via Hannah).

Dosing the Nitrate is easy, I do it every other day (most times), but generally just over feed. The iron dosing is also no biggie as I do it on that same schedule and iron will supposedly precipitate out quickly.

Regardless, I also use Triton testing quarterly and haven't come across any spikes in Iron - so it seems to be working all around.

Good luck and awesome build thus far!

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through this entire thread, all I can say is wow. I have a 300 g, couldn't imagine one of that magnitude. Incredible attention to detail and style. Thank you for sharing. I'm right down I20 in Abilene.

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any more explanation to this? where is the valve located in the surge system? is it a carlson surge style? how does it stop the air bubble reaching tank?
The valve is located about 14-19 inches down the pipe under the surge tank. The surge tank has a "U" pipe off of the hole so the pipe constantly has water in it and never "burps" air. The actuated BV is the key to this!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back