OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get the tank on the stand in that small of a room?
I will have a similar situation soon with a massive glass tank. I'm not sure I want a forklift driving on my newly poured foundation. Any recommendations? Also did you have any issues with subs working around the crated tank and stand?

Rock is looking really good so far.
The tank was lifted onto the stand with "unique" engineering. Actually the tank and stand were placed into the room prior to closing it in. The dimensions of the room are roughly 24 feet by 12 feet.

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through this entire thread, all I can say is wow. I have a 300 g, couldn't imagine one of that magnitude. Incredible attention to detail and style. Thank you for sharing. I'm right down I20 in Abilene.
Every little project unearths an unexpected project. If you get up this way LMK.

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ryan. Glad to see things are moving along. I'll send you a message next time I'm in Dallas

ReefToLive1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow incredible thread...This is going to be one heck of a tank. Cant wait to see it up and running!

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of distant shots. I have no photo skills (iPhone only) so the white balance will never be good, therefore coral close ups are always going to look like hell.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have made some progress and now have it in autopilot, but not without some major heartbreak.

IMG_0262.JPG

I'll add to the thread and add to the timeline as soon as I start to get some spare time. [emoji846]

IMG_0262.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0096.JPG

One of the unique things is what I did with my R/o waste. I have pex tubing placed under the slab and we connected it to the pool to use for top off.

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order to help stabilize the system, I added 10 buckets of Walt Smiths Fiji mud to the refugium. I was super careful and ended up with a muddy tank for 3 days.
IMG_0112.JPG

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a little pre performance anxiety.

But everything worked out.

It's funny for me to listen to the new pipe flow now as well as me figuring out how much flow I need.

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added salt and hooked up a Seneye to remotely monitor the parameters of the tank and specifically watch the NH3/NH4. I waited about 7-8 weeks. At this point in time I still hadn't decided on lights. I rigged up a couple of older LEDs that I had but it didn't adequately cover the foot print of the tank. I had my fish from my 10 year old system and I took fish that was in my buddies aquarium. I had him house about 10 fish for about 3 years while I was waiting for the house to be planned and completed. I put all the fish in on the same day. My 400 gallon looked like a 40 gallon breeder and I'm sure my vlamingi tang was thrilled.

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech launched their new upgrade for their LED lights and after a bit of review I decided to get a few. By a few I mean 12.
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG

And then build the modular hanging system using ez tube.
IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG

Here's 1/2 of it done.

IMG_0192.JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back