OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since we bought and moved into this house, I always wanted to up the water pressure. Especially the shower upstairs; WEAK SAUCE, and 40 psi for RODI (of course this is more important..)!!

We had a plumber take a look at something else the other day, so I asked him to up the water pressure. 10 min later, boom! 70~75 psi for RODI!! Im a happy man.

Water regulator in the garage;
50828986401__D9E15260-633F-4D32-8E4F-6FC1D542058E.jpg

RODI pressure gauge;
DSC_5678.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since we bought and moved into this house, I always wanted to up the water pressure. Especially the shower upstairs; WEAK SAUCE, and 40 psi for RODI (of course this is more important..)!!

We had a plumber take a look at something else the other day, so I asked him to up the water pressure. 10 min later, boom! 70~75 psi for RODI!! Im a happy man.

Water regulator in the garage;
50828986401__D9E15260-633F-4D32-8E4F-6FC1D542058E.jpg

RODI pressure gauge;
DSC_5678.jpg
So the plumber did what to make u have more pressure and how much was that?

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the plumber did what to make u have more pressure and how much was that?
The plumber cranked up the regulator (pressure reducing valve) to get more flow. Theres a lot of how-to videos online, i don't want to get into it. Its easy to do, once you know how they work. He didn't charge me for this, since we paid for other work, took him a few min once he gained access to this valve.

Jmblec2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exacatly!! Remember me from 3reef years ago? Good to see you are back in the game. Crazy thing is i just got a 180 up and running. I remember we had our 90's up at the same time, then you disappeared, Ha! Tank looks great, can't wait to watch the progress. I just posted a video of my 180.

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JB! NO WAY!! Yes I still remember the 90g gang from 3Reef! Its crazy! (ok deep breath..)

You got a 180 up and running, great to hear that, my tank got wet around the same time as you. I will check out your thread for sure!

Jmblec2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i saw your Screen name i was like no way!!!

So tell me what this BioDigest is all about? what is it supposed to do?

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i saw your Screen name i was like no way!!!

So tell me what this BioDigest is all about? what is it supposed to do?
Supposedly it adds the nitrifying bacteria in the system.
I had good luck in the past, i believe i beat dino and cyano with this thing in my old 90g. Im holding it off till the bacteria bloom settles down at the moment tho.

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing really to update, lost the Exquisite fairy wrasse. Just getting over it. pH is around 8 at the most, so I'm waiting for the soda lime.

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 3.22.41 PM.png

Started to dose AcroPower (amino acid) every week with the routine water change, 5ml.

Anyway, FTS!
DSC_5715.jpg

Jmblec2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I have lost 2 fish to jumping now. Need to get a clear top. Where did you get those clear clips?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing really to update, lost the Exquisite fairy wrasse. Just getting over it. pH is around 8 at the most, so I'm waiting for the soda lime.

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 3.22.41 PM.png

Started to dose AcroPower (amino acid) every week with the routine water change, 5ml.

Anyway, FTS!
DSC_5715.jpg

Wow Shin it's already so beautiful. Love the scape, bonazi but not, minimalist but not.

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I have lost 2 fish to jumping now. Need to get a clear top. Where did you get those clear clips?
Hey JB I was wondering about the mesh top on your rimless too the other day. Sorry to hear the jumpers. I got these mesh top holder thingy off eBay. Search "aquarium lid holder" they cost you few bucks (from oversea tho).

Wow Shin it's already so beautiful. Love the scape, bonazi but not, minimalist but not.
Hi Cheryl! thanks for the compliment! Its almost painful just to wait for them to grow.. The baby ice stag is certainly the fastest grower so far tho!

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have been out of the hobby for a while but Im getting back.

Just picked up a shallow(-ish) rimless 90 gallon:

48x24x18 (regular 90g size but sideway)
DSC_3973.jpg

Stand is still naked; formica is arriving tomorrow, i will snap some pics while i work on it.

It will have a coast to coast internal overflow with two drains: a main and an emergency. I have run full blown bean but not this time.

DSC_3990.jpg

Drilled two for drains, two for returns.

Its gonna be an SPS dominated tank with biopellet. Keeping it simple and low maintenance. No controller or crazy additives (i have had several Zeovit tanks) and stuff.

Pacific Sun Duina T5 Light
VorTech MP40 QD x1
Tunze return Pump 1073.050 (controllable)
Skimmer with DC pump
Formica wrapped DIY stand (ADA style)

Wish list:
Another MP40 QD
Lots of SPS
Wrasses (not too rare ones..)

Thanks for looking and I will try to keep this thread pic heavy.

Exactly/Shin
Nice ! Love the 48X24X18 dimensions. Is that a custom tank you had built or does someone make that as a standard size ?

OP
OP
exactlyobp

exactlyobp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome! Can't wait to see it with corals all grown in
Thanks Zach! Me too bud, me too

BRS selling the kit for mesh top.
Yes they do, thats what i got it from. Amazon has them too these days.

Nice ! Love the 48X24X18 dimensions. Is that a custom tank you had built or does someone make that as a standard size ?
Thanks, Finatik! Im still loving the dimensions, and yes its custom made. The quote i got was for 48x24x16 and 48x24x18, they were the same price. I negotiated down to $600 with tax, i believe it wasn't a bad deal.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back