OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you gluing netting into the sump?
in the trigger sump the fish logo is how water gets threw to the next camber and i want to make that next chamber a refugium / mini tank for critters and they can swim threw right to my skimmer. so i was trying to put a screen so water could still go threw and keep them inside.

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in the trigger sump the fish logo is how water gets threw to the next camber and i want to make that next chamber a refugium / mini tank for critters and they can swim threw right to my skimmer. so i was trying to put a screen so water could still go threw and keep them inside.

Gotcha! What's the feasibility of draining that area when you do a water change so that you could glue it then? Not sure how big of a water change that would be for you. Another thought may be to fashion some type of net holder that just hang down into the sump. That may be a little better as then you would be able to remove it whenever algae starts growing on the net.

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha! What's the feasibility of draining that area when you do a water change so that you could glue it then? Not sure how big of a water change that would be for you. Another thought may be to fashion some type of net holder that just hang down into the sump. That may be a little better as then you would be able to remove it whenever algae starts growing on the net.
only about 30 gallons or so. but your response had me thinking may try and find acrylic or a bend it over the top and use a bunch of reef safe magnets. im sure that would do the job. thanks.

Anyone know why my new torch 1 of 4 i got on a plug would be detaching itself from its skeleton?

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only about 30 gallons or so. but your response had me thinking may try and find acrylic or a bend it over the top and use a bunch of reef safe magnets. im sure that would do the job. thanks.

Anyone know why my new torch 1 of 4 i got on a plug would be detaching itself from its skeleton?

Anytime! The torch is probably bailing out. They will sometimes do that when stressed out, particularly after a move into a new tank. I've had my hammer do it before as well.

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime! The torch is probably bailing out. They will sometimes do that when stressed out, particularly after a move into a new tank. I've had my hammer do it before as well.
thanks again for the responses. thats what i was figuring to. stupid hobby.

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these little things on my torch anyone id? couldnt find online. very stout red stuff. hard to peel off rock and hard to the touch

_2.IMG_20161220_120931.jpg

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a water change and nitrates spiked? o_O I did move some of the sand bed doing it which I'm hoping caused it?
Anyone recommend a pump for water changes I'm tired of dumping buckets.

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 because marine depot had it on sale today, will make life easier while I'm at work

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well sent marinedepot back the 5gallon ato and upgraded to the 10gallon, should be installed next week :D

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the tunze this morning, got my first sps to try out and see how it went with the system nothing special just a green slimer stag. Also my lfs ordered me some fish male and female lyretail anthias and a bartlets anthias couldnt get a picture of the female lyretail but heres one of the bartlets and male lyre

Picked up bleeding apple scoly and aussi gold torch along with some tiki molds to grow some stuff over. pics to come

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost 4 fish and my emerald crab all the sudden all parameters good, but no clue did add those anthias so guessing maybe one had something. still sucks

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started out with a 29biocube. After Deciding the tank was to small and not the right shape I decided to upgrade to a 100g. Serveral corals of different kinds so far.
my picasso and misbar

Currently still have a pajama cardinal and bangai cardinal i need to xfer along with a six line but im not trying to bio load my new tank so ill slowly add those over the next weeks. along with a emerald and red craba
Very nice tank !!!

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a parasite, had to treat the whole tank with prazipro. 2 weeks down and it worked, only had some browning on my green stag which I read would do it anyway. New piece pictures today!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aussie gold torch

Got a couple tiki molds from Jester6 since i have a tiki obsession.

My clown goby hanging out in my newly acquired blue and orange hammer.

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Local LFS has been getting some good stuff in lately.
tri color torch

bicolor hammer

tiger tail cucumber. i put him in and haven't seen him since so im guessing he is doing his job.

also built a stand for this tank and set it up. it will be my quarantine tank until i have all my fish in the DT i want.

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fts from last night before shut down and m first across a tenuous.

20170201_205512.jpg

20170201_172932.jpg

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fts from last night and my first acro tenuous

20170201_205512.jpg

20170201_172932.jpg

OP
OP
Shoob1e

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little torch garden pic.

this guy will be staying in my 100g with my frost bite, think they will make a awesome looking pair.

blue linkia picked up

starfish problems

red linkia

little rock nem in his home

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back