Show Me Your Equipment Cabinets

FranklinDattein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my work in progress. I've used an old RSM130 cabinet and still need to move the ato reservoir in.
Inside the cabinet is the DOSEmate aquarium computer, reef Angel power outlets and dosing containers. On top is an iPad with the REEFmate dashboard.
Behind it is a fake wall with LED power supply and more power strip, which will be moved inside at some point.

21678219c08d4ff584f0a449ec587f76.jpg
8c13c11e87f91c8b26d8c0ab307fc6ec.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, there are some very nice cabinets here. I really like the DJ power strips as well!

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently don't have an apex or any sort of electronics that would need its own cubby but when I do I'm going to use a combination of a lot of these. Tons of good ideas.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to try and build my on stand for my 42 gallon hex tank. My wife had some criteria that the tank had to meet. Those were that she did not want to see the sand or gravel against the sides of the glass. She did not want to see a water line at the top of the aquarium. She also did not want to see any of the equipment or accociated hoses or wires. This ment keeping all the equipment in the stand or canopy. I got a comprimise from her on the power cords from the wall and the tubing from the garage from a wall plate too the tank. So this is what I came up with. The first photo is of the tank setup and running. The actual front of the tank is to the left. It is placed in the corner but had to be out from the corner to make sure all the doors cleared the wall and I could acces the back if needed.
Tank as of 12-24-15.jpg

This next photo is behind the front door of the stand. This is where all the controller modules are with the exception of the power bars and the modules that are in the garage. The runs to the garage are about 35ft through the attic. This would probably work with most controllers. This was originally setup for the Digital Aquatics RKE but as you can see it is now the home of a Archon. The RKE head unit is still mounted in the front door. Waiting for the firmware to use it as a remote display.

Front Electronic Cabinet.jpg

It would have been almost impossible to get a photo of inside the back cabinet since it is so close to the wall. These next photos were taken of the back cabinet when it was off of the stand. The holes in the upper part inside are for the conduit that runs between the cabinet and the canopy. There are two of these, one on each side. The wires in the hole below were just placed there to keep them out of the way for the photo. There are 3 tubes with water that do run through the cabinet and 2 tubes one with air and one with CO2. If I do use an air pump it will be in the garage so the noise is not in the room with the tank. The CO2 bottle for the calcuim reactor will also be in the garage.
20150803_220513747_iOS.jpg

20150803_220221177_iOS.jpg

The photo below is of the stand with the panels removed. It is from the front without the tank in place. There is two conduit runs from the front to the cabinet in the rear. They are behind the top brace with one on each side. They cannot be seen in the photo.The cables to and from the front cabinet, rear cabinet and canopy are not exposed to the area with water so there is very little chance of water damage to this equipment. You can see the edge of the sump through the left side of the stand. The stand is designed to hold the tank full of water without the panels attached. The stand is sitting on the concrete slab and not the carpet. The bottom outer trim is raised enough that the carpet can be slipped underneath.
20150803_194551419_iOS.jpg

Sorry for being long winded. Everyone have a happy new year.

Back