Show me your Refugium!

FishGuyBri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am working on developing my refugium and am looking for some ideas. Currently I have some ceramic media that will be replaced with marinepure and chaeto, but what else do you all use??

wherenext

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is just a little rinky dink hob fuge, but I am just doing live rock rubble and chaeto.

1487454761391.jpeg

wherenext

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of people doing that. At the very least it would be easier to change out a dsb out of a fuge than a dispay tank when/if that time ever comes. Unfortunately I don't even really have that option since my fuge is so small, I only have about a 1cm sand bed in mine.

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was mine when it was freshly setup, over 2 years ago. Can't see in it anymore! I don't really clean the glass and it's been taken over by grape caulerpa and chaeto. Mix of sand, rubble, a few big chunks of rock, and shell/sand/rock background. 90 gallons, cheap Home Depot t5 lights on it

IMG_2525.JPG

wherenext

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was mine when it was freshly setup, over 2 years ago. Can't see in it anymore! I don't really clean the glass and it's been taken over by grape caulerpa and chaeto. Mix of sand, rubble, a few big chunks of rock, and shell/sand/rock background. 90 gallons, cheap Home Depot t5 lights on it

IMG_2525.JPG
Do you ever remove chaeto or do you just let it stay filled?

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the marine pure and some extra live rock, plus algae, I don't like when sand gets in the area of my return pump

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14gal biocube tied into my return section of sump with overflow and return pump. Have a 90gal DT. Can't get macro to grow do anything due to low nutrients, but hey, not complaining there. But the hair algae on the powerhead seems to thrive. Ha
image.jpg

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ever remove chaeto or do you just let it stay filled?

I remove it occasionally. It takes a while to fill the tank-I think I need to change my bulbs. And for the size of my system (60 display, 90 fuge, and 70ish gal sump) i don't have many fish, so growth is pretty slow.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back