Show Off and Discuss Your NUVO Concept Aquarium!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1482528241.267705.jpg
While I ran to the fish store, my wife built this for her tank. Pretty cool for her first aquascape, I'd say.

nicework_1x.png

MermaidTail

View Badges
Reaction score
Can anyone stand next to their drop-off tank for size reference? These things look deceptive in pics!

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Not many people have these tanks yet, huh? I read a review about these bowing quite badly, anyone having a better experience?

Looking forward to seeing more pics. :D

SandyK

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Happy New Year to everyone :)
Please show us many many more Abyss Peninsula tanks !!! ;)

@Crystal - any picture-updates on your amazing drop off ? ?

gtaran02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Any updates! Let's keep this going!!
I just sold my Red Sea Reefer 250 and order a IM Abyss, I should be getting it next week. I can't wait. Here's a list of what I ordered
b376e0f65a8cce184d572ad8a617daeb.jpg

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Any updates! Let's keep this going!!
I just sold my Red Sea Reefer 250 and order a IM Abyss, I should be getting it next week. I can't wait. Here's a list of what I ordered
b376e0f65a8cce184d572ad8a617daeb.jpg

Sounds like it's going to be a great build! I have an IM tank but not a Drop-Off. I have been using a Neo-Therm for just shy of 2 years now and have never had a problem. I also run Spin Streams. They work great but must be cleaned every few months to keep spinning. I too am thinking of turning a back chamber into a refugium—I have an inTank floss holder like this on one side so it seems like a good way to use the extra space below. We look forward to seeing your tank all set up! What are you thinking of stocking the tank with?

Jeff @ Marine Depot

gtaran02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds like it's going to be a great build! I have an IM tank but not a Drop-Off. I have been using a Neo-Therm for just shy of 2 years now and have never had a problem. I also run Spin Streams. They work great but must be cleaned every few months to keep spinning. I too am thinking of turning a back chamber into a refugium—I have an inTank floss holder like this on one side so it seems like a good way to use the extra space below. We look forward to seeing your tank all set up! What are you thinking of stocking the tank with?

Jeff @ Marine Depot

I do not know yet, most likely a pair of designer clownfish, and a goby and shrimp pair. I do want to keep SPS, LPS and softies.
Which light would you recommend me?

Radion XR30w G4 or
Radion XR15w G4 Pro

The tank dimensions are
Length 20" width 15" height 19"

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
The spin steam nozzles work well I clean mine every couple of months. When you put them back together blow thru the nozzle to see it work. Some times you can put it together and they don't work.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I do not know yet, most likely a pair of designer clownfish, and a goby and shrimp pair. I do want to keep SPS, LPS and softies.
Which light would you recommend me?

Radion XR30w G4 or
Radion XR15w G4 Pro

The tank dimensions are
Length 20" width 15" height 19"

Thank you for your question. Honestly, both are great fixtures for your aquarium. If you want to keep a mixed reef, the XR15 will cover your full aquarium. I use it over a mixed reef tank myself with larger dimensions than yours and still get great results. I don’t run the light higher than 65%. If you want very high light intensity, like for a SPS dominated system, the XR30 would be the better choice, although you really can't go wrong with either one.

Manny @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
The spin steam nozzles work well I clean mine every couple of months. When you put them back together blow thru the nozzle to see it work. Some times you can put it together and they don't work.

Good point! I turn on the water and hold the Spin Streams up to my kitchen faucet after cleaning them to check if they'll spin before putting them back into the tank. :p

Jeff @ Marine Depot

gtaran02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for your question. Honestly, both are great fixtures for your aquarium. If you want to keep a mixed reef, the XR15 will cover your full aquarium. I use it over a mixed reef tank myself with larger dimensions than yours and still get great results. I don’t run the light higher than 65%. If you want very high light intensity, like for a SPS dominated system, the XR30 would be the better choice, although you really can't go wrong with either one.

Manny @ Marine Depot

Well nothing went as planned I ordered my fish tank from @MarineDepot and received my fish tank broken, contacted marinedepot and they send a second replacement... which also arrived broken. Got on the phone and called marinedepot I spoke with the supervisor and he was very professional and kind enough to double wrap and double boxed my third replacement fish tank, unfortunately it arrived broken.

In total I received 3 broken fishtanks at first I thought it was people from marinedepot not handling the fishtanks correctly but after the third one I know that it is the carriers fault for not taking care of fragile shipments.

Even though it was stressful and disappointing marinedepot will still be on my #1 store

I gotta say marinedepot has the best customer service, they answered all my calls and assisted me in my problems, at the end they refunded my money back. This will not stop me from ordering from marinedepot in the future.

Now I have to make a trip to L.A and see if any fish store has any drop off tanks in stock.
My radions arrived yesterday and I can't wait to get a fishtank to get the process going.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Well nothing went as planned I ordered my fish tank from @MarineDepot and received my fish tank broken, contacted marinedepot and they send a second replacement... which also arrived broken. Got on the phone and called marinedepot I spoke with the supervisor and he was very professional and kind enough to double wrap and double boxed my third replacement fish tank, unfortunately it arrived broken.

In total I received 3 broken fishtanks at first I thought it was people from marinedepot not handling the fishtanks correctly but after the third one I know that it is the carriers fault for not taking care of fragile shipments.

Even though it was stressful and disappointing marinedepot will still be on my #1 store

I gotta say marinedepot has the best customer service, they answered all my calls and assisted me in my problems, at the end they refunded my money back. This will not stop me from ordering from marinedepot in the future.

Now I have to make a trip to L.A and see if any fish store has any drop off tanks in stock.
My radions arrived yesterday and I can't wait to get a fishtank to get the process going.

Thank you for your kind words. I can promise you we are addressing this shipping fiasco from every possible angle. 3 broken tanks is absolutely unacceptable and you are a saint for being so patient throughout all this!

Jeff @ Marine Depot
[email protected]

gtaran02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words. I can promise you we are addressing this shipping fiasco from every possible angle. 3 broken tanks is absolutely unacceptable and you are a saint for being so patient throughout all this!

Jeff @ Marine Depot
[email protected]

Have you guys considered switching carriers?

No, thank y'all for your customer service. Y'all probably already know me from all my calls.
Either way keep doing what you guys are doing, keep up the good customer service. And I will be ordering a apex soon (as soon as I get a fishtank lol)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Have you guys considered switching carriers?

No, thank y'all for your customer service. Y'all probably already know me from all my calls.
Either way keep doing what you guys are doing, keep up the good customer service. And I will be ordering a apex soon (as soon as I get a fishtank lol)

You are very welcome. :)

Improving shipping policies, procedures, and practices is always a multi-pronged strategy which involves multiple parties internally and externally. It's something that's always ongoing due to the nature of our business.

Without getting too specific, I can confirm that all of the most intelligent and relevant stakeholders on our side are working on and already testing several things to elevate our service level without increasing pricing or delivery time for customers.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back