blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your cleanup crews? Especially the 450 crews.

Species and quantity.

I think I started with 10-15 hermits, 28 nerites, 23 nassarius, 70 dwarf ceriths and 33 Florida ceriths. Bought a few trochus snails after that and a fighting conch. All the nerites are dead, worthless anyways, they just hang in a corner or crawl out of the tank and end up on the floor (several made it into the sump.)

jhatfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up a RS Reefer 170 this weekend... Much fun!:) I was wondering where everyone is keeping the water level in the return chamber. The directions say around 6in but that nearly submerges the top-off float. I'm guessing the water level would have to drop nearly to the top of the return pump before the float valve opens.

Also, where should I be keeping the water level in the overflow? Seems to be a really wide range between where it just becomes silent and where it reaches the top of the center emergency drain.

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love rimless tanks. I have a rimless myself, but always keep a top on it. Just wondering if you cover your tank to keep fish from jumping out?

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading our Nano to a 250, here's a pic of some sump mods I'm doing because we are sick and tired of cleaning filter socks :)

SUMP 250.jpg
When you get it up and running can you put a video up ?

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kessel AP700s have adjustable sliders for red and green. Didn't at launch but has for a while. Just like Radeon, just better :)

I didn't know this. Too bad the software was fixed and these features were added after I left. I waited a year :(

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up a RS Reefer 170 this weekend... Much fun!:) I was wondering where everyone is keeping the water level in the return chamber. The directions say around 6in but that nearly submerges the top-off float. I'm guessing the water level would have to drop nearly to the top of the return pump before the float valve opens.

Also, where should I be keeping the water level in the overflow? Seems to be a really wide range between where it just becomes silent and where it reaches the top of the center emergency drain.
You need to adjust the position of the float. There's a ratchet mechanism that allows you to raise or lower it. Just grasp it firmly and it will move up and down in clicks. There is a wide range for the overflow. Some keep it right at the top of the emergency drain, others an inch or so below. I'm still getting mine dialed in. Adjust in small increments and wait for a while before making further adjustments.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As mentioned above the float is adjustable, however don't force it theres a nut on the side you can loosen to adjust. Probably best to unmount it from the sump when you do it.

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody just bought a used Red Sea 350 last week for 875$ i bought a 36" sunpower6 of the r2r sell/trade thread and love the look. I used 1" square tubing and mounted it to the wall behind the tank...(tank filled before mounts were acquired) this will not be the rockscape I plan on haveing. It was more of a rush to putting it up and re stocking the previous owners corals. I acclimated the nicer corals and threw them in the cube29 for the now being, for the sake that their will be lots of changes to the 350 and I don't wanna stress or kill the more pricey corals. Anyways I am posting on here about the t5's I am curious if u think I should keep the silver look, or paint the ati black with high heat paint to match everything else? Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
IMG_4958.JPG
IMG_4990.JPG

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm picking up a Vectra M1 for my return. Where do you guys buy the hard plumbing supplies? I'm assuming the piping is 3/4"?

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody just bought a used Red Sea 350 last week for 875$ i bought a 36" sunpower6 of the r2r sell/trade thread and love the look. I used 1" square tubing and mounted it to the wall behind the tank...(tank filled before mounts were acquired) this will not be the rockscape I plan on haveing. It was more of a rush to putting it up and re stocking the previous owners corals. I acclimated the nicer corals and threw them in the cube29 for the now being, for the sake that their will be lots of changes to the 350 and I don't wanna stress or kill the more pricey corals. Anyways I am posting on here about the t5's I am curious if u think I should keep the silver look, or paint the ati black with high heat paint to match everything else? Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.
IMG_4958.JPG
IMG_4990.JPG

That's good deal!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm picking up a Vectra M1 for my return. Where do you guys buy the hard plumbing supplies? I'm assuming the piping is 3/4"?

Yes, it's 3/4" outlet. Are you wanting schedule 40, schedule 80 or colored pipe? In my original schedule 80 setup, I purchased everything in store from a local Menards. Lowes and Home Depot doesn't have near the schedule 80 selection in store. But they all have schedule 40. If you are wanting to buy online, then PVCfittingsonline.com is probably the best place. If you are wanting colored, then you will need to buy from BRS, Aquarium Speciality etc.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back