Show off your PVC plumbing skills

reef-freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new build.I'm looking for really clean and well thought out designs.Looking for detailed descriptions.Duel reactors- Carbon/Gfo. Manifolds for added equipment.quality shut off valves that open and close easy.not at lowe's or HD.they are hard to turn.

OP
OP
reef-freak

reef-freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting a new build and I'm looking for really clean and well thought out plumbing ideas. detailed descriptions and pictures as well as optional equipment placement. duel reactors etc. appreciated.can't wait to see your systems.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not showing off plumbing skills as mine are average at best. But I will share an old picture of my manifold. One thing I will point out is the valve at the beginning of the manifild (top right of picture) so I can shut the entire manifold off if needed for emergency or maintenance.

Each manifold outlet has a gate valve instead of a ball valve for better control of output. Mine feeds carbon and gfo reactor, chiller, and extras for future needs.

Just food for thought.

sc8kv123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started this project last night, kept it simple but also functional. Good luck on your build!

IMAG0627.jpg

OP
OP
reef-freak

reef-freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the replies.FYI- my build is a 60 gal deep blue Edge Rimless cube with a marineland stand and glass top.Eshopps R100 3rd gen refugium sump.Jebao DCT-8000 return pump.Reef Octopus Clasic 110 int..skimmer.Hydra 52 HD light and bracket assembly to hang light.ecosmart mp-10 wes. if needed I have an EA Elite Aquatics 3 part dosing container. going to add duel canisters for carbon and GFO.not sure which manufacturer to go with.

pciscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottom of my 400 pushing water through to fish room.

Top of tank plumbing through to fish room 8 Sea Swirls on top of tank. 2 the return water and the other two on seperate closed loops.

Oceans Motions can turn into way too much PVC! This was roughed in before walls were finished to make sure nothing leaked.

Another view of top of the tank and Sea Swirls.

Soffet and crown molding over plumbing and granite on ledge.

Finished with light when I first started up tank, I need to update some pictures but I do have some videos under Pirates Cove 400 on Youtube and Vimeo.

I like Supplyhouse.com for PVC fittings I would recommend there schedule 40 section and Spears Street T fittings to keep your valves close together. Sweep 90's because they are 1/4 the head loss of a standard 90. Street 45s and Street 22.5s to get you around tight spots. Schedule 40 is plenty strong and Speers are quality fittings. Always buy extras as they go fast:)

pciscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like hard tubing schedule 40, but I did use Flex PVC where I went through the walls because I live in CA and I wanted to be Earthquake ready for a little flex. My Stand is bolted down so the movement would be minimal. I do find sometimes when you have a very tight area a little Flex PVC can make things easy. Flex PVC can also help lessen Vibration on loud pumps.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like hard tubing schedule 40, but I did use Flex PVC where I went through the walls because I live in CA and I wanted to be Earthquake ready for a little flex. My Stand is bolted down so the movement would be minimal. I do find sometimes when you have a very tight area a little Flex PVC can make things easy. Flex PVC can also help lessen Vibration on loud pumps.

Ever been through an earthquake with that bolted down stand? :)

The bolts will not prevent the movement when your whole house is moving! :) :) :)

(Don't stand near the tank because there will be sloshing!)

P.S. Bolting it down it still probably not a bad idea. [emoji6]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back