Show off your Tangs

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought we would share a couple of recent pics of a couple of our newer tangs that were added to our new reef in August.
Paracanthurus hepatus - yellow belly variant. "Scrappy" was the size of a quarter when he arrived 5 months ago and is now about 2" long.

Naso elegans. "Barbie" was about 1.5" when she arrived nearly a year ago. She is now about 4.5" long.

nate w

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a nice vlimingi tang i love those things also is that a fish only tank?

lacrosseboss18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of mine
tank.JPG

Brautumn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish.
Thought we would share a couple of recent pics of a couple of our newer tangs that were added to our new reef in August.
Paracanthurus hepatus - yellow belly variant. "Scrappy" was the size of a quarter when he arrived 5 months ago and is now about 2" long.

Naso elegans. "Barbie" was about 1.5" when she arrived nearly a year ago. She is now about 4.5" long.

townjas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Naso Tang the other day, he is Fat and healthy looking but I still cannot get him to eat. He is about 3inches. I have given him Nori, new life spectrum pellets, flakes, black worms, Rod's krill and my own frozen blend that has Nori and some shellfish and white meat fish.
I have him in a 10 gallon qt with prazi.
Any suggestions on getting him to eat?

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Naso Tang the other day, he is Fat and healthy looking but I still cannot get him to eat. He is about 3inches. I have given him Nori, new life spectrum pellets, flakes, black worms, Rod's krill and my own frozen blend that has Nori and some shellfish and white meat fish.
I have him in a 10 gallon qt with prazi.
Any suggestions on getting him to eat?
I've had new tangs go as long as three days before eating. You can try soaking the food in garlic xtreme, that usually entices them to eat

jcoopcycle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured this would be a good place to answer this question with everyones knowledge of tangs. I have a 125 with only 5 fish now. A yellow ( young but ornery) a naso 4" a hippo 3.5" a tomini 2.5, and a flame angel. Everyone is stress free, healthy and happy with an occasional skirmish with the yellow tang. Just coming from a major disaster I do not want cause any more issues in my tank. I love the tangs and would really like to add another. I just do not want to cause another mess. I purchased a large acclimation tank, but still have concerns. Any help or input would be appreciated. My tomini and hippo came from my original mess and have been through it... I have a different respect and understanding of our hobby, and I am very cautious of anything I do anymore..

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured this would be a good place to answer this question with everyones knowledge of tangs. I have a 125 with only 5 fish now. A yellow ( young but ornery) a naso 4" a hippo 3.5" a tomini 2.5, and a flame angel. Everyone is stress free, healthy and happy with an occasional skirmish with the yellow tang. Just coming from a major disaster I do not want cause any more issues in my tank. I love the tangs and would really like to add another. I just do not want to cause another mess. I purchased a large acclimation tank, but still have concerns. Any help or input would be appreciated. My tomini and hippo came from my original mess and have been through it... I have a different respect and understanding of our hobby, and I am very cautious of anything I do anymore..

You can definitely add more.....usually the more fish, the less aggression. Just make sure your bio filteration can handle it. Also, be ready to rehome them when they get too big and if they live long enough, they will.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice tangs!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back