Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so my Maldive clowns have come down with something that is making there eyes all cloudy and kinda fliking motion when the swim. They still eat like animals though so that is good. I bought some lifegaurd med for marine fish to do the 5 day treatment. Besides it going to be a pain in the butt to catch them in a full blown reef( I will try at night) and setting upa 10g QT tank here is the question?

How difficult or bad would it be to just set up a 61/2 gallon bucket with a small power head and a heater to treat them? I would have to finally take down the 18g nano that I had up that is not in use any more but just evaperating away then put up another tank. I kinda want to avoid the hastle but not sure if the lazy route would be the right thing to do.....What do you all say?

Last edited:

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you feed your fish? my fish will eat out of my hand. try catching them when you are feeding. Just a thought.

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I treated a $130 Watanabe Angel in a 10 gallon tank with a powerhead and a heater for 7 days two days before that she was in a bucket for two days. Clowns are way hardier and i'm sure they can handle the bucket.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that the Maldive clowns are supposed to be one of the frailest clowns. So I put them in a 10 gallon for treatment, the problem they didn't want to be caught. So I had to tear down the tank which took about 5 hrs, got them in and started treating. They are looking better so far and still eating which is good. The best part aside from the fish looking like they are taking well to the treatment is I had to re-aquascape the tank. As we all know the rock never goes back the way you had it. So at the end of 5 hrs I had the tank back together and I have way more room now for ricordea and zoas/palys. Had a rock slide today that about killed the yumas and tossed frags all over the tank so after another 2hrs today I have even more room now for stuff. I also like it better with the new look, at the same time I cleaned all the rock of macro so there is none in the tank right now.....:)

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James can you post a picture of your clowns? I have spent a lot of time working with clowns back when I use to work culturing them at school and would love to help you id the best treatment method if you need any help. Also you should have no problem putting your clowns in a bucket-just clean it well and put a sponge filter and a couple of pvc elbows for them to hude in-ha a heater might be a good idea too. Good luck

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could Matt.....I think I got it pegged for an advanced case of Ick.....They are on day 4 of treatment and are looking much better and feeding really well. the cloudy eyes have diminished and the spots have stoped as well. I have slightly went hypo a little bit. Not full blown but a bit lower then what they have been kept at.......Yea I just put them up in a 10 gallon. I might keep it up permanitly now that it is up. As I have some fish I would like to add to the tank here in the next few months.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Bad news, after looking like they were ready to go into the display the small one took a serious turn over night. He is now sloughing off slime like crazy and is looking to be short of death. The female still looks pretty good although her cloudy eye have seemed to come back a bit. Not sure if it could be clownfish diseases or not now. I thought I had it pegged for ick, but this could very well be a secondary infection that they may well not come back from.....Sad day as these were my most desired fish ever and I really hate to see them go down like this after 2 or years of great heath.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK well the sad news continues...The small one had finally died and the big one seems to be getting worse now as well. I think I have it pegged now to being a Brook infection. So tomorrow I will start formalin baths to try and save the female.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man sorry to hear bro.....

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev the female is looking really bad too, I guess thats what happens when you mis-diagnose. I feel like crap about it but 2 days ago they were looking really good.....Live and learn I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back