Sick fish

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My boyfriend has a 150 gal FO tank with a snowflake eel (about 10 inches), grouper (about 5 inches) and a webb burr puffer that just died yesterday. The puffer turned white within one day and died before we could qt him. Now the grouper has white spots on fins but not speckled like I've seen with ich. They are more like the size of pencil eraser tops. The fish have been living together in this tank for several months with no problems. The puffer did have ich at one point but this was over a year ago in a different tank. I'm wondering if anyone has seen these larger spots with ich or if it might be something else. I plan on putting the grouper in a qt tank this evening but don't want to treat with copper because I may use it for inverts or corals in the future. I think the puffer was stressed because he was with two larger aggressive fish. Any other ideas or suggestions? I haven't tested the water yet but plan to.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back