Sick Wyoming White from MACNA Help

rosebud161616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah we didn't plan to get one of these guys but won him at MACNA. We didn't even really like the look of them at first, but he really grew on us fast. :(

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry for your loss Kevin and Erica. I wonder if the genetic mutation related to coloring makes them more prone to disease. Kind of like how Dalmatian's are usually deaf.

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A member in my local reef club also picked up a pair from MACNA. Out of the two one is sick, but is hanging in there. I think it just has to do with all the stress of getting transported so many times and sitting in a freshly setup tank at MACNA for a few days.

rosebud161616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Jason. Yes I wonder that too. We're setting up a tank that we would like to have clowns in, so we're debating what kind we will get. After hearing everyone else's experience with these guys I think we'll probably go a different route.

rng_pw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Jason. Yes I wonder that too. We're setting up a tank that we would like to have clowns in, so we're debating what kind we will get. After hearing everyone else's experience with these guys I think we'll probably go a different route.

try the ORA platinums. I mentioned in an above post about a local lfs that has ordered from both cquest and ORA and he has never had any luck with cquest. All of his ORA's on the other hand have come in extremely healthy and happy. He even shipped a pair of ORA picasso's to france that ended up being in a bag for 3 days and they made the trip just fine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back