So confused: Mysterious deaths

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I let it thaw should a add a little bit of water to try and make a paste?

Let it thaw, then measure that with a tablespoon. Mix 1 tablespoon of food with 100mg of Metro + 500mg of Focus. You may need to add a little SW at this point to make it into a paste.

If it does escape into the water column, my corals should be fine right?

You will be fine. But I'm sure glad it's not my corals (kidding :xd:).

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool. In the instructions they say use one scoop with the spoon they provide for each tablespoon of food. I assume this would almost be 100 mg right?

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Mixing tonight, will feed starting tomorrow for two weeks. Then I will let my tank sit as it is for two months before adding new fish. Will definitely QT.

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so apparently what I mixed up for food gave me one teaspoon lol. Added a whole bunch more food and will mix in 30 min. Humblefish should I keep the fish food in my freezer of fridge? thanks

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so apparently what I mixed up for food gave me one teaspoon lol. Added a whole bunch more food and will mix in 30 min. @Humblefish should I keep the fish food in my freezer of fridge? thanks

If you think what you've made up will be gone in just a few days, put it in the fridge. Otherwise, freezer.

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally it only last four days and I keep it in the fridge. But this will definitely last longer.

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it is done. Mixed 5.5 tsp which would be close to 2 tablespoons with "2 measures" of metroplex (it says to use 1 measure with every tbsp of food.) I then added "10 measures" of focus to achieve the 5:1 ratio. Food is placed in freezer because it will last for at least a week and will start the feeding tomorrow.Everything sounds right, right?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it is done. Mixed 5.5 tsp which would be close to 2 tablespoons with "2 measures" of metroplex (it says to use 1 measure with every tbsp of food.) I then added "10 measures" of focus to achieve the 5:1 ratio. Food is placed in freezer because it will last for at least a week and will start the feeding tomorrow.Everything sounds right, right?

:thumb:

OP
OP
Longnose Hawkfish

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: stopped feeding with seachem metroplex. All fish that began this treatment are still alive. I have seen nothing odd about them so I am returning back to normal food. I will wait 2 months and then began the qt process on a fish.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back