Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice and good luck;)

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I love mine. He's extrem docile in my tank. He bothers no one and no one bothers him

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one so bad, but I put a black tang in last week and my purple and yellow nearly killed him. I took him out and put him in my office tank but that's really not where I want him. Do you think a purple and yellow will be aggressive towards a GEM as well?

OP
OP
Michael43

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a good amount of tangs and my purples are by far the most aggressive. I love them tho. My gem here is roughly 6". I put it in Friday night and my 1.5" purple tang had all his fins flared out trying to bully a fish 3-4x his size easy. Here's a pic. Look at that little devil. But so far as dman said for a tang it seems to have a much more mellow personality.

IMG_7364.JPG

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one so bad, but I put a black tang in last week and my purple and yellow nearly killed him. I took him out and put him in my office tank but that's really not where I want him. Do you think a purple and yellow will be aggressive towards a GEM as well?

Yes they will. If I were u, I'd catch both them out, put your black and get a gem and add them at same time. Let them establish themselves then add back the PT and YT together.

I have a black, gem, fowleri, small mustard(******), and a small YT. In QT I have 3 PT, a large (7") blonde Naso, and a lavender. I know WW3 will break out for a day or two but they will all go in an acclimation box for a few days prior to releasing. Honestly,I'm only worried about the mustard tang.

OP
OP
Michael43

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have not seen any aggression from my gem and if it wanted to it could easily dominate the other tangs. I have a whitetail bristletooth, purple, black, yellow, zebra, and chevron. I'm planning on adding an Achilles and powder blue hybrid soon at the same time. They are small. And I have lots of Angels and butterflies

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's likely they would be aggressive to it. The gems I've seen were pretty docile as mentioned.

Better chance if adding several tangs at once, and or use a social acclimation box.

To the op, beautiful fish!

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have not seen any aggression from my gem and if it wanted to it could easily dominate the other tangs. I have a whitetail bristletooth, purple, black, yellow, zebra, and chevron. I'm planning on adding an Achilles and powder blue hybrid soon at the same time. They are small. And I have lots of Angels and butterflies

Do you have a tank thread?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back