So long my Fishie.......

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to take this opportunity to say goodbye to a fish that was a good friend to me. He disappeared from my tank several days ago, and while it is an open top, I haven't found his earthly vessel anywhere so I suspect that it was the unfortunate victum of a hitch hiker crab. The purpose of this thread is not to ruminate over the unfairness of his passing, but let it be know that the hunt has begun to trap the crab.

Fishie was a misbared true percula clown fish, which means he only had one white bar by genetic fluke. He and his mate were the first fish I've ever had. They started out as house guests in my nano, where my husband was going to keep them until he changed tanks. My nano crashed killing lots of things, including fishies' partner. Fishie fought back from near death and lived to see the nano become a wonderful little home for him. Not too long after, I introduced a 6-line who harrassed the heck out of my Fishie. After nearly being killed by who I affectionately called my '***** fish', I moved Fishie into my new 18g. He lived there very happily for several weeks before his disappearance.

Fishie loved to swim, hang out by the power head and he especially liked eating. Whenever I would sit by his tank, he would pop his little head out of the top of the water anticipating food. My kids always got a kick out of how he seemed like a dolphin jumping up for a treat. His home was right on the end table next to my couch, so he spent many an evening swimming nearby me and staring at me while I watched TV. I'm surprised by how much I miss Fishie, he was a good friend and companion.

So if anyone has a drink, a smoke....a dance, a hug, or something happy tonight...think of my Fishie so that happy thoughts may follow him into the next world.

Clown2.jpg

Thanks,
Kammy

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh noooo, not Fishie :(

I hope Fishie is just hiding :shock: :sad7: and will come out. :(

If not, well,Here's to Fishie The Great! :angel2:

:salute:
Laurie

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had alot of "jumpers" from my tanks. and i never find the body near the tank, its always in another room, or on another level of the house.

i suspect my cats carry it off like they have found a prize.

i even found a hermit crab that made it down an entire flight of stairs. that was weird....

OP
OP
Reefwifey

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've wondered the same.....perhaps my cat made off with him. I do have an eggcrate top that I'd be lazy about replacing since I'm in there so much lately.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn said:
i have had alot of "jumpers" from my tanks. and i never find the body near the tank, its always in another room, or on another level of the house.

i even found a hermit crab that made it down an entire flight of stairs. that was weird....

Mannnn, I bet the hermit crab was no carry off, that sucker was making for the front door and freedom!!! And then, crap!! dried out... Hey, we've all had those days.

:D
Laurie

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The war has begun!
I can imagine you sitting by the tank at night with a flashlight looking for the culprit, lol.
We put our cats outside, all except 1. They like to jump too much, shed unbelievably, and like to rub on you too much.
<Im a dog person>

Shultz

Spiderman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss, its amazing how quickly they become part of the family....

Cheers Shelton.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
surfn said:

Mannnn, I bet the hermit crab was no carry off, that sucker was making for the front door and freedom!!! And then, crap!! dried out... Hey, we've all had those days.

:D
Laurie

this is also a possibility. i had some hermits that were being bad citizens in my 20g reef a year ago. mostly these 2 zebra hermits. they were banished to my 7g minibow that had a 1inch mantis in another room. and while i never have seen the mantis pick on any snail or hermit, the zebra hermits must have known that their clocks were running out ;)

Back