So what's been your coolest hitchiker or worst you have found

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that but Ive also heard it about margarita snails. I have both in two separate tanks. the cowries @ 78 but it spikes to 82 sometimes. The margarita stays constant 78 (bigger tank)
awesome, what is your tank's temperature? because mine goes up to 82 and ive heard that these guys are cold water species

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the only true reef safe Cowrie I have ever come across. I have kept them for over 7 years with zero issues.
yay cowries!! lol Ive been wondering how long they can last :D longest (before you) was 3 years

Joshua Hurst

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured this would be an apropriate thread to post on about this. I've been batteling aptasia on this blasto frag, and today when I was killing some babies I spotted, I noticed this pink slimish stuff on the base of the frag. Is this a dead blasto? Should I be worried?

image.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured this would be an apropriate thread to post on about this. I've been batteling aptasia on this blasto frag, and today when I was killing some babies I spotted, I noticed this pink slimish stuff on the base of the frag. Is this a dead blasto? Should I be worried?

image.jpg
spong I believe.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0195.JPG
Here's my little spitfire , got it on a piece of rock with a psammocora coral, when I just started out in the hobby, it was about a size of a dollar coin, brown with no polyps. I initially thought it was some kind of an ugly monti and I wanted to scrape it off. Glad I didn't, this baby got me into sps.
IMG_0100.JPG

terrell wohlrab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worst one for me so far- Aptasia. Best so far either my zoas(that died) or my tiny little star fish

Bradley Crocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why get rid of it?
That's my new favia frag in its mouth.
20170220_191119-COLLAGE.jpg

I started a thread a couple days ago because it was getting too big and I was thinking of getting rid of it. Turns out I was a day too late.

I don't know if/how I can link to it, but it's under invert ID, titled "pretty neat....to a point"

DasPig36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my new favia frag in its mouth.
20170220_191119-COLLAGE.jpg

I started a thread a couple days ago because it was getting too big and I was thinking of getting rid of it. Turns out I was a day too late.

I don't know if/how I can link to it, but it's under invert ID, titled "pretty neat....to a point"
Dang man that sucks! The only coral I got in mine is some mushrooms but it hasn't messed with then as of yet.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back