So, you think you want to keep Xenia...

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first thing that poped into my mind: If all that is pulsing i bet you have good water movement.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother had the same problem with his cube, the xenia just took over, it really looked nice when you see it in person, the pulsing makes it so mesmerizing. I could sit in front of the tank and watch it all day.

iTzJu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holy cow, that's beautiful in its own way tho.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

drtyjrzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant keep xenia to save my life!!! everything else in my tank grows really well but the min. I put xenia in it dies!!! Maybe I'm lucky!!

zoechance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THis is why I love R2R. WHen I was planning my tank I was like "dum dee dum Wow xenia I love those and oooh GSP how pretty" now after reading these threads I am keeping them and shrooms outta my new tank!!

yoowicked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Trex,
honestly speaking, i just registered as a member of R2R really cuz of ur thread. ur xenia really amazing!!
what's ur secret of keeping them? i had my xenias for abt 3 mths but don't see any sign of growing/spreading, very disappointed.
anyway, thks for sharing ur tank, it's lovely mate!

Mirelyght

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they're the kind of beautiful that likes to flaunt it....it makes you shake your head because they know they done bad but they look too good to care. those crazy xenia

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome progression pictures for the 11months of Xenia growth, what ever your water/flow/light/nutriets are is very conducive to growing Xenia. Hope you can sell some of that, you'd get rich.

I have had a pulsating Xenia and GSP for 8 weeks now and just 'barely' see any growth but my birdsnest and sps monti is growing weekly. Interesting.

edwardw771

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What levels do you keep your water parameters at? Xenia has always been a one of my favorite corals. Over the years I used to grow it like crazy like you. Or it would die with in a few days. What is the magic formula to get this stuff to grow like you have it growing?

cheezybuda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use my patented LPS Xenia destroyer method....put a galaxae or a torch frag in an area. In no time, it will clear out a good path. It kept my Xenia in check on rocks

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use my patented LPS Xenia destroyer method....put a galaxae or a torch frag in an area. In no time, it will clear out a good path. It kept my Xenia in check on rocks

That's exactly what I've got going on in my tank. The wife loves it so I have a bush of it in a corner being blocked by a big galaxea and a torch above it. So far so good!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back