sochting oxidator advice needed please

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 29 total gallons in my system, can I get away with using the D? I'm unable to put in sump due to size. Thank you.
Thats's 109 litres. Yes the D with say 9% would be better but you would probably have to fill it around weekly.

TNT32D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats's 109 litres. Yes the D with say 9% would be better but you would probably have to fill it around weekly.

Thank you so much for all of your help. To tell you the truth I was hoping you would recommend the D because the A is unsightly to me. It's got to look good! Lol

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for all of your help. To tell you the truth I was hoping you would recommend the D because the A is unsightly to me. It's got to look good! Lol
The A is obviously better in the sump while the D is easier to hide as long as you don't mind frequent replenishing of the peroxide. Put it in a back corner preferably with some water movement near it. Just be careful you always ensure the cap of the D is fully pushed on as I have heard stories of them leaking all the peroxide out in a short period.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The A is obviously better in the sump while the D is easier to hide as long as you don't mind frequent replenishing of the peroxide. Put it in a back corner preferably with some water movement near it. Just be careful you always ensure the cap of the D is fully pushed on as I have heard stories of them leaking all the peroxide out in a short period.

I kind of guessed you would lol yeah the A is quite a bit bigger than the D. When you have one of the Oxydators that is a little small for your tank size you can always up the % of peroxide or increase the catalysts but never go beyond 2 catalysts or your peroxide will disappear very quickly.

TNT32D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask. Are all the models the same and can be used for fresh & saltwater? Thank you.

OP
OP
johnthehermit

johnthehermit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi John and thank you for your kind words and I am glad the Oxydator works for you as indeed it does for the vast majority of users as various posts show on many forums in both the US and UK. Yeah sur,e there will always be people who for whatever reason will attempt to knock something they obviously know little or nothing about and certainly have no experience using. Oxydators are tried and tested, the jury has long given it's verdict.

With regards to your question. I see 2 ways to go with your 110 litre tank as follows.
1/ Buy another model A and run it with 1 catalyst and 6% peroxide.
2/ Buy the model D and run it with say 9% peroxide and one catalyst.
However if you can fit it I would plum for the model A as it will be more versatile and give you longer between refills.
The model will be easier to hide in the DT but of course carry far less peroxide.
The choice my friend is yours.

Thanks Les, looks like I'll be getting another 2 A models.
John

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask. Are all the models the same and can be used for fresh & saltwater? Thank you.

Not sure what you mean by "all the same" They all work the same but look differently and not just in size.

soechting_oxydatoren.jpg

TNT32D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they make two oxydators A one for freshwater and one for saltwater? Thank you.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting concept; I too am surprised this method has not caught on more, in fact I have never heard of this method until I read this thread. I apologize if this question has already been answered already, but where in the U.S. do they sell these oxydator models? Thank you

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting concept; I too am surprised this method has not caught on more, in fact I have never heard of this method until I read this thread. I apologize if this question has already been answered already, but where in the U.S. do they sell these oxydator models? Thank you

I have been writing about Oxydators for many years but they seem to be difficult to find in the USA (I am in the UK and have no problems with buying them) Here is a link for the US distributor. However they seem to be on back order.
http://www.aquariumoxygenator.com/

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just picked one up on Friday from 'the cultured reef'... was suppose to ship Saturday and didn't, now tomorrow, so we'll see.

He did say the A model was in stock

jason_mazzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about using just 1 reactor at 35% straight instead of several at 9%

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about using just 1 reactor at 35% straight instead of several at 9%
The issue with that could be with such a high concentration being released within a a small local area and not be able to be dispersed enough affecting close by corals which effectively may get burnt. However yes in theory that would work but I would be concerned as suggested.

reefpea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi Les, hoping you can help me before I order mine,
I run a reefer 525 litres, was considering the W model but this looks huge, would running the A be sufficient with 12% and one catalyst in the sump? or should I just go with the W? I heard the W at low concentration may well turn the H2O2 into water before its all released into the system.

your advise apreciated

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back