OP
OP
lilchris_357

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day, I have metroplex to treat for intestinal worms, is it safe to use in conjunction w/prazipro? I want to start ttm this week and I want to use prazi with ttm.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day, I have metroplex to treat for intestinal worms, is it safe to use in conjunction w/prazipro? I want to start ttm this week and I want to use prazi with ttm.

You can, but soak it into the food and use Focus to bind it there. Metro works best when it goes straight to the gut (where the parasites live),

OP
OP
lilchris_357

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this morning the solorensis started to eat but spit out the food. Not good. Will start metroplex today. Two questions, can I soak it into mysis and feed ? Do I need to use in conjunction with focus?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this morning the solorensis started to eat but spit out the food. Not good. Will start metroplex today. Two questions, can I soak it into mysis and feed ? Do I need to use in conjunction with focus?

If he's not eating, then it won't do much good. Though, if you can get him to eat it, then yes, it's better to do it in the food with Focus to bind it. You may try a bit of garlic to entice him to eat it.

OP
OP
lilchris_357

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he's not eating, then it won't do much good. Though, if you can get him to eat it, then yes, it's better to do it in the food with Focus to bind it. You may try a bit of garlic to entice him to eat it.
Okay, I'm not too overly concerned w/him not eating this AM because he has been a pig thus far but I want to start the meds ASAP. He was just probably in a mood today. I appreciate all your help and patience.

OP
OP
lilchris_357

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the first treatment of metroplex w/ focus. You called it. He spat it out when he ate it. I didn't use garlic as I thought he would have eaten it. I normally feed them twice a day, should I continue feeding twice once w/ meds and once w/o meds?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the first treatment of metroplex w/ focus. You called it. He spat it out when he ate it. I didn't use garlic as I thought he would have eaten it. I normally feed them twice a day, should I continue feeding twice once w/ meds and once w/o meds?

Yes. You can feed the meds once a day. If he doesn't want to eat it though, the second best option is to just treat the water. They drink the water some, so it gets there eventually. :)

OP
OP
lilchris_357

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. You can feed the meds once a day. If he doesn't want to eat it though, the second best option is to just treat the water. They drink the water some, so it gets there eventually. :)
I think I'm going to have to treat the water. I used "focus" and soaked it in garlic water. He did attack the food this morning but spat it out . I'm assuming the meds are not good. The exquisite chomped it down . He's a greedy pig...lol.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to have to treat the water. I used "focus" and soaked it in garlic water. He did attack the food this morning but spat it out . I'm assuming the meds are not good. The exquisite chomped it down . He's a greedy pig...lol.

It's that the meds are no good, but that they don't taste all that great... if that's what you meant ;) Yeah, dose the water.

OP
OP
lilchris_357

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm noticing that he is eating but very little. He comes out after the exquisite smashes all the food. I'll put a little more in but he will only eat one or two (if I'm lucky) pieces of mysis. What is another good food to use? Maybe he's picky like my wife when it comes to food...lol I think I'm going to cut back on feeding twice a day and only do morning feeds. Any thoughts, advise?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm noticing that he is eating but very little. He comes out after the exquisite smashes all the food. I'll put a little more in but he will only eat one or two (if I'm lucky) pieces of mysis. What is another good food to use? Maybe he's picky like my wife when it comes to food...lol I think I'm going to cut back on feeding twice a day and only do morning feeds. Any thoughts, advise?

Live blackworms, LRS, ROE, Nutramar Ova ... some wrasses really love Sustainable Aquatics Hatchery Diet pellets for some reason. o_O

OP
OP
lilchris_357

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the LFS yesterday and brought a bottle of ROE, didn't realize how expensive it was. [emoji107] Also, with that I brought a cup of live brine shrimp. It was only about $2.50, why not give them a try. Being impatient I got home and had try and feed the brine. I dropped a few in, no one reacted. It took about 20 mins for the exquisite to eat but he did. The solorensis didn't. [emoji35] This morning after my cup of coffee they were both swimming around waiting for me to feed. I fed quite a few brine, and they smashed them. Not sure how nutritious they are but at least he (the solarensis) ate. I will continue w/ round two of the metroplex.

OP
OP
lilchris_357

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This evening after a day of taking care of my " honey do"list, and watching the biggest upset in NFL history, I was able to do my first tank transfer. I was a bit nervous due the solorensis not eating. It didnt go smooth at all but I got them in the new tank. The solorensis is a bit stressed. I thought I did good catching them both in one pvc fitting. My new tank is a 5 gallon. I have one of those sponge filters that connects to a air pump. it will not sink to tge bittom. Has anyone see

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back