Image1484894245.093440.jpg
Image1484894260.104869.jpg

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has he been eating? He's very skinny. What have you tried feeding him?

Hard to tell in your second picture if there are small little white dots on his dorsal fin, are there, and if so what do they look like?

OP
OP
A

adriancervantes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rick.45cal he was eating well before but I just noticed that he's not eating very much. I'm feeding him frozen shrimp pellets.

Yes he had a lot of white spots (ich) I'm guessing but I've been putting focus and metronidazole in the food and a lot of it went away.

OP
OP
A

adriancervantes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has he been eating? He's very skinny. What have you tried feeding him?

Hard to tell in your second picture if there are small little white dots on his dorsal fin, are there, and if so what do they look like?

He was eating well before but I just noticed that he's not eating very much I'm feeding him frozen shrimp pellets.

Yes he had a lot oh white spots (ich) I'm guessing but I've been putting focus and metronidazole in the food and a lot went away.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let others chime in on the best way to treat him for the ich. I'm a little outdated on meds/treatment.

I'd try my best to feed him lots of small feedings throughout the day of as many different frozen/live/fresh foods you can. If he's been covered in ich, he is likely pretty run down and worn out, looks like it has taken it's toll on his body. Anything nutritious you can get him to eat the better. Nori and the purple seaweed from two little fishes are also good choices to see if you can get him to fatten back up.

OP
OP
A

adriancervantes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let others chime in on the best way to treat him for the ich. I'm a little outdated on meds/treatment.

I'd try my best to feed him lots of small feedings throughout the day of as many different frozen/live/fresh foods you can. If he's been covered in ich, he is likely pretty run down and worn out, looks like it has taken it's toll on his body. Anything nutritious you can get him to eat the better. Nori and the purple seaweed from two little fishes are also good choices to see if you can get him to fatten back up.

Ok. Thank you very much I'm going to check that out tomorrow morning. Hopefully he gets better.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever see any stringy white poop coming out of him? I think he has multiple ailments.

I agree. It's got HLLE (the holes around the eyes), ick and is very, very skinny. The white stringy poop would indicated intestinal worms if that's something you've seen from him. He's going to need some serious attention. I would pull all the fish for QT since there's no point in treating just one only to infect him again when he goes back into the display.

OP
OP
A

adriancervantes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. It's got HLLE (the holes around the eyes), ick and is very, very skinny. The white stringy poop would indicated intestinal worms if that's something you've seen from him. He's going to need some serious attention. I would pull all the fish for QT since there's no point in treating just one only to infect him again when he goes back into the display.

Ok thank you appreciate your help

biomek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to help aide in his treatment, try getting him to eat some other food along with the shrimp pellets. My Desjardini goes bonkers for Formula 2 flakes, Prime Reef flakes and of course lots of seaweed as well.

OP
OP
A

adriancervantes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to help aide in his treatment, try getting him to eat some other food along with the shrimp pellets. My Desjardini goes bonkers for Formula 2 flakes, Prime Reef flakes and of course lots of seaweed as well.

Ok thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back