OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought more coral I know I need to post a pic. I got the rest of my order from r2go. I paid the extra $30+ for next day shipping. Seems like it makes you priority and then you get great service. Smh

RBTA started to move again lol.
Here's something interesting: I can't keep up w the fish when it comes to co-pods. So I built an interesting contraption. It involves a clear tube two elbows and a luffa. It gets held inside the tank glass by a suction cup. I'm hoping the pods will multiply in it and slowly make their way into the tank. Hopefully the fish can't get in the tube. If they do I will make a screen to block them. Which hopefully won't rust! I'll look for a plastic mesh screen which would be better. Now I need for the LFS to get pods.
I'll post a pic tomorrow.

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my little contraption:
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1397958717.886553.jpg

Now I just need some pods. LFS keeps selling out.

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shortened the tube it works a bit. Ended up taking it out one fish just hangs by it and eats all the pods.
New to the tank...
I got a worm not sure if it's good or bad. I got Aiptasia I read not to try to get rid of it cause it spreads faster. It retracts into the rock. I think I will put some putty and close him I. Maybe he will die out.
I have zoas that disintegrate 8(
Added a torch. Will post an updated pic soon

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok up to date I changed the crushed shells to sand. My pistol shrimp stole a ricordea. It was the first ric I bought.

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I added a solar fairy wrasse I've been told it's also called a red head wrasse. None of the current fish like him and he's been chased all day. Just checked on him before bed and he's gone! Searched everywhere finally figured they beat him and the hermits ate him. This is what happened to my 6line months ago. But then I see a little head sticking out of a whole seems like he found a home! Also got the new media basket for the tunz 9001. Gonna put it all in on Monday! Up next is a magnetic reef shelf and a bunch of coral.

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wrasse is doing great. A few fish still don't like him. Added some coral. Tank is looking great. Dealing w aptasia. Lemon juice works great for it. I love the black sand however it is magnetic and is becoming an issue w the magnetic scrapers. I'm thinking Jan "16" I'll switch to very fine sand.

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow it's been almost a year later since I added on to this. A lot has changed learned a few things. I also had too many swings in the tank. I see why people say it's easier having a larger tank. So here's my tank up to date:
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452723844.390226.jpg

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone split again. Have three...two were on one rock...took out the rock for store credit...tank kinda looks better now...
IMG_1483674521.712918.jpg

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, large tanks have t heir issues as well, so careful what you wish for :p

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 5 years down the road. My tank is possessed. My inferno anemone split so many times killing lots of coral. I ended up selling them all back to LFS. Just took back my watchman and pistol shrimp. He’s been eating all my clean up crew a few fish and moving coral around.
I still have most of my original crew:
2 clowns
Royal Gamma
Orchid dotty back
Blood shrimp
A pair of peppermint shrimp for aptasia
Have Cyano every now and then. I get rid of it for a while.
Have some green algae growing on rock working on that.
Changed my sand a while back to white fine sand looks great but is a bit messy. Will need to change that to a not so fine sand bed.
Am considering breaking down the tank and staring a rock flower garden. Most of my coral do real well. They grow rapidly and the. A few months later start to wither away. I’ve been selling them back to LFS when they get to a decent size.
All my parameters are always great.
Will post pics soon

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rock flower went for a walk and then died. Thought I could save him. Something happened not sure what. Everything seems good. Anyone know how long they live maybe old age? Have a few babies in the tank keeping a eye on them

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: took out the fine sand I felt like it was causing swings in the parameters. Did a 10gallon water change swapped out chemi pure purigen. Moved the flow around a bit. Got rid of a lot of the algae that was growing. So far so good... the shrooms are growing like wild flowers. Got a whole bunch more. I’m gonna need to order a cleaning crew next week. I may get a few RFA and see how that goes. I don’t want to go back to BTA but they do look great grow and multiply in my tank. I may just swap out 2 fish for 2 more clowns and do anemone tank...things to think about
a09f7d42637a7b36e6f3865867c2b8b9.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back