OP
OP
DRoth335

DRoth335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes....best I can tell the red and black cucumber got caught up in an MP40 and than puked it's guts killing four fish. Found the remains of the cucumber stuck on the outside of the MP40. I also think the reason he was up next to the powerhead was that I had recently picked up a diamond goby that clean up all the cucumber's food, and he was just looking for food. I had had that cucumber for years.

Thanks for sharing. This seems plausible for our issue. I dont know for sure but I don't see him around and I know he had gotten in the sump but didnt think he could make it to the skimmer section.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww man, I'm so sorry for your losses. I too would consider the Cuke if you don't find him. A friend of mine also had his 500g tank nuked by one that got stuck in the powerhead.

OP
OP
DRoth335

DRoth335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given I cant find the cuke, I am going to assume that is the cause. I have about 5 lbs of carbon deployed, have done 115 gallons of water change today and will do another 60 gallon tomorrow. At this point, very few fish still alive. A rather costly lesson learned.

Thanks for all the input snd trouble shooting. Much appreciated.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back