Suggestions on getting damsels out your tank?

TobySaelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my yellow tail blue damsel and 2 Four-striped damsel for quite some time now and now I want them out due to me getting new fishes. I know they're territorial and aggressive but I kept them when I first started my tank as starters. Any suggestions?

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a yellow tail blue devil as well. i didn't have any corals at the time and ended up "chasing" the fish into a piece of live rock, removed that piece of rock and placed it into a 5g bucket that had tank water in it, waited for the damsel to swim out and then put the rock back in the tank. otherwise i think the damsel would still be stressing out my clowns. just curious, what size tank do you have?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me really the least invasive way is just scoop a well in the sand, drain your tank water into brutes or similar, scoop fish out of that well area, pump water back in, takes about 10 minutes usually, I use the pump I make WC water with.

OP
OP
TobySaelee

TobySaelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a yellow tail blue devil as well. i didn't have any corals at the time and ended up "chasing" the fish into a piece of live rock, removed that piece of rock and placed it into a 5g bucket that had tank water in it, waited for the damsel to swim out and then put the rock back in the tank. otherwise i think the damsel would still be stressing out my clowns. just curious, what size tank do you have?
I have a 29g biocube

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's a total of 6 pieces and i think it's about 20lbs or so.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the fish trap I bought mine on amazon. I think it was actually an acclimation box but I made it work!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back