0   0   0
Aqueon proflex 1 sump with Coralife refugium light $100
20170116_104810.jpg

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put a skimmer in the refugium section, but you wold probably have to have a very skinny skimmer and you would probably have to set it up on a platform of some kind so the water level in the skimmer was ideal.
You could put a skimmer in the last chamber to the right, however that chamber also has to contain the return pump the water level is not going to remain constant if the return pump or drains vary at all.

Personally I would think that the best way to use a skimmer with this sump would be to use an external skimmer and feed it off of a manifold fed by the return pump or a dedicated 2nd pump in the return chamber. You would need to pipe the return from the skimmer back in to one of the chambers, I would go for the drain chamber as the filter sock and the multiple wears will help with any micro bubbles.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I fit a skimmer in there ?
From the instruction manual it looks like you can put one either chamber 2 to which is the middle or chamber 3 which is the end depending on how you have it setup they of course recommended the Coralife super skimmer 65 their own model

ReefNo0ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put a skimmer in the refugium section, but you wold probably have to have a very skinny skimmer and you would probably have to set it up on a platform of some kind so the water level in the skimmer was ideal.
You could put a skimmer in the last chamber to the right, however that chamber also has to contain the return pump the water level is not going to remain constant if the return pump or drains vary at all.

Personally I would think that the best way to use a skimmer with this sump would be to use an external skimmer and feed it off of a manifold fed by the return pump or a dedicated 2nd pump in the return chamber. You would need to pipe the return from the skimmer back in to one of the chambers, I would go for the drain chamber as the filter sock and the multiple wears will help with any micro bubbles.
I have the proflex 3 and this is how i set mine up. Put the skimmer and return pump in chamber 3 refugium in the middle wprks great been using it for 3 months like this and all perams are perfect.
20170108_113257.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back