Sump modification

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend from my local Reef Club gave me the sump 40" x 18 x 16" . I'm looking for attachment point for a corner overflow sock area? and possibly repositioning some baffles to fit my skimmer any suggestions on plugging the holes or return pump sizing ? etc.
This is for a 75 gallon tank, fish only with about 100 pounds of base rock/live rock thank you

IMG_1255.JPG

R_C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use plexiglass and silicone to cover the holes. For the pump sizing, what size plumbing do you have? Drilled tank? Bulkhead sizes?

OP
OP
TTTony

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for responding. It is a glass tank not reef ready I'm going to use a overflow box , I have to buy overflow box and return pump and get a return nozzle and get some sock filter mounts . I probably could use the rear hole in the sump to put a bulkhead for the incoming water.

IMG_9423.JPG

OP
OP
TTTony

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the first compartment is in first picture I'm pointing too ? is it some sort of auto top off I have one of those I would mount there ?

ReefNo0ob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the first compartment is in first picture I'm pointing too ? is it some sort of auto top off I have one of those I would mount there ?
It kind of looks like that is where the overflow pipe would drain into (could place a filter sock over/in it) and the holes are for a gentle flow into the middle section which would be used for refugium?

OP
OP
TTTony

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it's an area for a filter sock. But since it has a square opening that makes me wonder. Also the only holes are very Highup almost at the top makes me nervous in case the filter sock gets clogged it will overflow there obviously I can add holes lower but not sure let me know your suggestions

OP
OP
TTTony

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not sure where to put the filter sock? Or the filter sock holder in the Square area. Also unsure whether I should add more holes for drainage in the bottom of this area thank you

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back