Switched to Fritz RPM salt

Fishon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ran R/C for my salt for years, but I had recently noticed that I seem to be getting a film on my circulation pump and the bigger problem is that the last box I received had low magnesium, with 0 tds RODI water at a .026 salinity I tested it at 800. So I thought this was a bad batch so I replaced it what the heck a new box and it tested out at 850. So that being the case I switch to RPM. I am very surprised at how fast and well it dissolves and even more important it test out at .026 9 dkh/1300-mag/400-CA which I can work with. The price is 44.95 for 205 gallon box witch is very close to the price of RC so that's nice.

This is the first box I've tried out, but so far really happy, anybody else using this salt and what are your thoughts?

Robert Vacchiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have used rc for years it leaves a brown resido on all my Rubbermaid containers. Have changed salt brand to Kent not sure about the brand you are talking about . I think the resido is clay

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ran R/C for my salt for years, but I had recently noticed that I seem to be getting a film on my circulation pump and the bigger problem is that the last box I received had low magnesium, with 0 tds RODI water at a .026 salinity I tested it at 800. So I thought this was a bad batch so I replaced it what the heck a new box and it tested out at 850. So that being the case I switch to RPM. I am very surprised at how fast and well it dissolves and even more important it test out at .026 9 dkh/1300-mag/400-CA which I can work with. The price is 44.95 for 205 gallon box witch is very close to the price of RC so that's nice.

This is the first box I've tried out, but so far really happy, anybody else using this salt and what are your thoughts?
I have a friend that swears by the RPM salt :)

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where do you buy it for 44.95?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back