OP
OP
Fishon

Fishon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear by it now and even got flamed for supporting it when I posted about it . LOL and I am like the only guy not trying to sell ish or anything on here just a lifelong enthusiast

I am in the same boat, I'm impressed with it and don't plan on changing and I hope the company doesn't change the good thing they have going.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new lfs in my area that I want to support is selling it, for $60. I use hw from brs now and I see the parameters are similar. I'm going to pick up a box when I need a new supply.

Ewilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ran R/C for my salt for years, but I had recently noticed that I seem to be getting a film on my circulation pump and the bigger problem is that the last box I received had low magnesium, with 0 tds RODI water at a .026 salinity I tested it at 800. So I thought this was a bad batch so I replaced it what the heck a new box and it tested out at 850. So that being the case I switch to RPM. I am very surprised at how fast and well it dissolves and even more important it test out at .026 9 dkh/1300-mag/400-CA which I can work with. The price is 44.95 for 205 gallon box witch is very close to the price of RC so that's nice.

This is the first box I've tried out, but so far really happy, anybody else using this salt and what are your thoughts?

Where did you find it for 44.99 a box

JBradford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use RPM as well. When I bought my tank the LFS gave me 100 gallons of water as part of the deal and he used RPM salt. So I have continued to use it as that's what I started with.

Staggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to RPM a few weeks ago, did my second 10G change this weekend. I'm switching over from RSCP.

I'm having some inconsistent alk tests as I was showing 8.12 dKH with my hanna checker the first 10G, and the second 10G (bought new reagents for hanna) I was showing 8.01 dKH. I'm going to go pick up a salifert test kit here in a bit to test again.... I tested the tank in the morning and it was showing 8.23 dKH then tested it later that night and was showing 8.9 dKH. Last couple months my tank had been testing at 9.48 dKH so I'm not trusting my hanna to much right now.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to RPM a few weeks ago, did my second 10G change this weekend. I'm switching over from RSCP.

I'm having some inconsistent alk tests as I was showing 8.12 dKH with my hanna checker the first 10G, and the second 10G (bought new reagents for hanna) I was showing 8.01 dKH. I'm going to go pick up a salifert test kit here in a bit to test again.... I tested the tank in the morning and it was showing 8.23 dKH then tested it later that night and was showing 8.9 dKH. Last couple months my tank had been testing at 9.48 dKH so I'm not trusting my hanna to much right now.

Salifert test is what I use to back up my Hanna checker. It's an easy to read titration with a decent color change that is easy to see.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've started using Fritz with my new tank build.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've started using Fritz with my new tank build.
When I finish up the last of my Red Sea (Blue Bucket). I'm going to give it a shot.
If it mixes to
Cal. 440
Alk 8 - 9 dkh
Mag 1400
at about 1.025 sg then I love those parameters :)

cobergas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using Fritz for three plus years now. The best part about it is how quickly it mixes, the price point of the salt, and the params that come with it.

I was first introduced to it in a demo at Reef Currents 1 in Houston, Texas. Since making the switch the mixing containers are cleaner, mix quicker saving my water change time, and do not hurt my pocket book as much as some of the other brands did.

I never endorse any product for use but I would have to recommend this to anyone who wants to start up a tank.

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In early November I filled out a contact thing on the Fritz website asking where RPM was available in my area. On 11/8/16 I got an email from Shawn Hale, the national sales manager for Fritz Industries. He thanked me for interest in their products, said he would be happy to help me find what I was looking for and where was I located. I replied back with my info same day.

It's been 2 months and no reply. If the national sales manager can't tell you where the product is available, I have to wonder about the whole operation!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

I use 2 hannah checkers at once, and there always off by 2ppm of eachother lol plus youll never be able to see a .1dkh difference in a salifert. Its deffinitly something to not worry about or loose hope over. Youll always get a reading .1 dkh+/- with a hannah checker, as its even included as its accuracy.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Im planning on switching to fritz as well. Ive ben using io rc since my bane of reefkeeping, and im getting tierd of the inconsistent mag+calc levels from box to box. Plus i clean my pumps, heaters,probes and wc tank once a week due to that binder.

Shawn Hale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In early November I filled out a contact thing on the Fritz website asking where RPM was available in my area. On 11/8/16 I got an email from Shawn Hale, the national sales manager for Fritz Industries. He thanked me for interest in their products, said he would be happy to help me find what I was looking for and where was I located. I replied back with my info same day.

It's been 2 months and no reply. If the national sales manager can't tell you where the product is available, I have to wonder about the whole operation!
Hi TwistedFinn967, you are right and I must apologize. I had a crazy November and a new addition to the family in December and failed to give you good customer service. Unacceptable in my book. I am happy to send you a free box of RPM for your trouble and also take care of your initial question. What is your email or please just email me at [email protected]. Again, Sincerest apologies. Good news is we just hired two new people that will definitely help us take care of our customers into the future. We really were getting behind due to our growth.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi TwistedFinn967, you are right and I must apologize. I had a crazy November and a new addition to the family in December and failed to give you good customer service. Unacceptable in my book. I am happy to send you a free box of RPM for your trouble and also take care of your initial question. What is your email or please just email me at [email protected]. Again, Sincerest apologies. Good news is we just hired two new people that will definitely help us take care of our customers into the future. We really were getting behind due to our growth.
And this my man, is why you guys are great!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back