Switched to Fritz RPM salt

LostInTheDark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Seachem Aquavitro Salinity since I got into reef keeping. I noticed the parameters were all over the place in the last few buckets and the price keeps going up every time I buy it. I settled on trying Fritz Pro just from what I've been reading about them. Glad to hear good reviews from people who have actually used it.

ALs FLorida Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried one bucket and alk was at 7.2 . too low for my taste. second batch was 6.8 ... It just cuts it too close. I use Red sea coral pro and have amazing results

FFJB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi TwistedFinn967, you are right and I must apologize. I had a crazy November and a new addition to the family in December and failed to give you good customer service. Unacceptable in my book. I am happy to send you a free box of RPM for your trouble and also take care of your initial question. What is your email or please just email me at [email protected]. Again, Sincerest apologies. Good news is we just hired two new people that will definitely help us take care of our customers into the future. We really were getting behind due to our growth.

Tell Ann to get on those emails. Lol

BeardedTridacna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shawn, responses like this go a long way. A definitive answer and then to create an immediate solution in such a way impresses many to jump out and try the product with such humility standing behind it. I wish your team success; I'm out to find a local source of your product tomorrow morning.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi TwistedFinn967, you are right and I must apologize. I had a crazy November and a new addition to the family in December and failed to give you good customer service. Unacceptable in my book. I am happy to send you a free box of RPM for your trouble and also take care of your initial question. What is your email or please just email me at [email protected]. Again, Sincerest apologies. Good news is we just hired two new people that will definitely help us take care of our customers into the future. We really were getting behind due to our growth.

I've got a large supply of salt that I have to work through, but next time I order salt I think I am going to give y'all a try. Congratulations on the new family member!

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for replying and for your generous offer! I am pleasantly surprised to say the least. I have emailed you just now and look forward to trying RPM.

Ewilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 hannah checkers at once, and there always off by 2ppm of eachother lol plus youll never be able to see a .1dkh difference in a salifert. Its deffinitly something to not worry about or loose hope over. Youll always get a reading .1 dkh+/- with a hannah checker, as its even included as its accuracy.

My Hanna checker is off by 1.1 dkh compared to salifert

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My Hanna checker is off by 1.1 dkh compared to salifert
Gees really? Usually others will see this with a hannah compared to a red sea kit. Myself, i test almost every day, basically alk, always tinkering with my stuff otherwise i would test every so often. Its actually funny because i use 2-3 different test kits for each parameter, and they are all significantly different between results. Only 2 test kits that match is the hannah alk and salifert. Other then those 2, All my other test kits didnt match a few icp test. So i dont even know what to believe at this point, as long as i get a constant reading, everything should be ok. I love my hannah checkers tho, their great. But i always encourage everyone to use 2 different test kits for alk, and base it on stability.

Ewilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gees really? Usually others will see this with a hannah compared to a red sea kit. Myself, i test almost every day, basically alk, always tinkering with my stuff otherwise i would test every so often. Its actually funny because i use 2-3 different test kits for each parameter, and they are all significantly different between results. Only 2 test kits that match is the hannah alk and salifert. Other then those 2, All my other test kits didnt match a few icp test. So i dont even know what to believe at this point, as long as i get a constant reading, everything should be ok. I love my hannah checkers tho, their great. But i always encourage everyone to use 2 different test kits for alk, and base it on stability.

It's always constant between the two, Hanna is 9.8 and salifert is 10.9 I numbed my 2 part down to try to get the alk around 10 on salifert

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, Got my first 205 gallon box in from Premium Aquatics yesterday.
Came by UPS and box was in great condition.

Tried 1/2 cup per gallon as a starting point to find how much it takes to hit 1.025 SG.
I mixed up 3 (5 gallon) jugs of RO/DI water.
Happened to walk by the jugs 25 minuets later and it was crystal clear with no residue.

So, Shortly after started testing the SG and the Big 3 and these are my results.

At 1/2 cup per gallon.
1.025 SG
Cal = 430 (Red Sea Pro Kit)
Alk = 9.1 dkh (Red Sea Pro Kit)
Mag = 1420 (Salifert Test Kit)

I love these parameters :)

Came home this evening and made the first water change with the RPM.

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, Got my first 205 gallon box in from Premium Aquatics yesterday.
Came by UPS and box was in great condition.

Tried 1/2 cup per gallon as a starting point to find how much it takes to hit 1.025 SG.
I mixed up 3 (5 gallon) jugs of RO/DI water.
Happened to walk by the jugs 25 minuets later and it was crystal clear with no residue.

So, Shortly after started testing the SG and the Big 3 and these are my results.

At 1/2 cup per gallon.
1.025 SG
Cal = 430 (Red Sea Pro Kit)
Alk = 9.1 dkh (Red Sea Pro Kit)
Mag = 1420 (Salifert Test Kit)

I love these parameters :)

Came home this evening and made the first water change with the RPM.

Good to hear... I have the same 205 gallon box being delivered tomorrow.

Darbna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ran R/C for my salt for years, but I had recently noticed that I seem to be getting a film on my circulation pump and the bigger problem is that the last box I received had low magnesium, with 0 tds RODI water at a .026 salinity I tested it at 800. So I thought this was a bad batch so I replaced it what the heck a new box and it tested out at 850. So that being the case I switch to RPM. I am very surprised at how fast and well it dissolves and even more important it test out at .026 9 dkh/1300-mag/400-CA which I can work with. The price is 44.95 for 205 gallon box witch is very close to the price of RC so that's nice.

This is the first box I've tried out, but so far really happy, anybody else using this salt and what are your thoughts?
Been using for a while now. Love it

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SaltwaterAquarium
Just curios...
Went back to PA's site Tuesday and said "Out of Stock".

Would you mind: Giving us your input after you finish mixing a batch for the first time?

Last edited:

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curios...
Went back to PA's site Tuesday and said "Out of Stock".

Would you mind: Giving us your input after you finish mixing a batch for the first time?

I won't be mixing any for a week or two. In the process of setting tank up, but will as soon as I do.

Bluefish9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have used rc for years it leaves a brown resido on all my Rubbermaid containers. Have changed salt brand to Kent not sure about the brand you are talking about . I think the resido is clay

The brown residue is ferric oxide (just like the gfo we run in our tanks). Almost every salt manf adds it as it keeps algae from growing once stored in your storage tanks.
Totally normal.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back