OP
spspirate

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AGREED!! That would sell a ton!! Especially if it was a collaboration of ATI and EcoTech. That would be a dream come true for me.
Yes! A collaboration of the two would be insane! Everyone here has some good ideas but I don't really have the time for DIY plus don't think I could make it look the way I want. Just saying.....it would be the perfect app for the Radion.

mhaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish..............I wish Ecotech made a T-5 application for the XR30's. A T-5 fixture which looks nice that the Radion would fit down into with x2 bulbs on either side. Make it so it all looks like one solid fixture. I want to add T-5's to my system but there's no pretty way to do it.

Andy. I'm working on 3D printing some brackets to test on my system to add one or 2 bulbs on each side of my light. The rms is more than capable of holding them(I have rigged them into place to test weight). The issue is aesthetics. I plan to paint the back of the reflector satin black to match. I also plan to use the black German push fit waterproof end caps(sold on eBay). They are very sleek and I don't think they will look too bad.

Unfortunately I'm also caught between just switching back over to full t5 or staying with radions myself. I found a heck of a deal on a ati 8 bulb for my new system that is drawing me in that direction. It's just hard to imagine going back to changing bulbs so often.

reefsahoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
milky way galaxy, 3 planet from the sun, in a coun
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy. I'm working on 3D printing some brackets to test on my system to add one or 2 bulbs on each side of my light. The rms is more than capable of holding them(I have rigged them into place to test weight). The issue is aesthetics. I plan to paint the back of the reflector satin black to match. I also plan to use the black German push fit waterproof end caps(sold on eBay). They are very sleek and I don't think they will look too bad.

Unfortunately I'm also caught between just switching back over to full t5 or staying with radions myself. I found a heck of a deal on a ati 8 bulb for my new system that is drawing me in that direction. It's just hard to imagine going back to changing bulbs so often.
Just follow faith! That's what happened to me. Lol

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in the 3d brackets do you think they would hold up well overtime? My question would be long tern if say the started sagging from the weight over a tank. What are your thoughts are 3d plastic parts heavy duty enough.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a club member who made a bracket for his radion's I sold him one of mine for his tank.

mhaun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in the 3d brackets do you think they would hold up well overtime? My question would be long tern if say the started sagging from the weight over a tank. What are your thoughts are 3d plastic parts heavy duty enough.

I use several different plastics in industrial applications so I would say yes there shouldn't be an issue. However, we are taking about suspending an electrical component out over open water with plastic being the structure holding this component in place. It is entirely possible that an external force like a kids basketball could break the extenders/arms relatively easy. But naturally hanging from its own weight and a few bumps and bangs it should have no issues if an ample "tie in" point is made. My thoughts at the moment are removing the front plug from the arm and using that port for the front bracket. The rear bracket will be trickier but shouldn't be an issue to make something to slide on the rail.

I primarily run abs plastic on prototype parts and some of our production parts. Mostly due to its ease and consistency of print. I have also successfully printed some parts from polycarbonate that are near indestructible. (Think bulletproof glass).

reefsahoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
milky way galaxy, 3 planet from the sun, in a coun
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When I was looking into making my hybrid I considered going aluminum. If you go to home depo they have a section where they supply finished aluminum bars, poles, and straight edges. You can get creative and make your diy hybrid fixture. Use Amazon and you can get virtually all the other parts. Truthfully, I was just plain lazy and went the all t5 way after I found the 6 bulb fixture for sale.

Back