T-5 Lighting Specific Thread

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, since there's a LED specific thread, but none for the T-5's, and that I'm now buying a ATI T-5 system that's now a hybrid system with LED pucks, I thought I'd start a thread about the and your, ....T-5 systems.

I started reefing back in the 90's with a in wall 75g Oceanic and making my own metal hood with VHO's and later added a halide. We sold out and now we're back into the hobby.

We were surprised on how the LED's have taken over. So, we bought a Chinese type box for my wife's modified 29g Biocube, two Maxspect Razors for a 55g, Kessil 160 for a 14 Biocube. A couple of weeks ago I bought 4 Kessil 360we's for our 125g in wall mixed reef, so I desided to try one over the 29g, and we don't like it ! The water looks washed out, no matter how we adjust it, and yes, we tried a second to make sure the first did not have a problem.

Anyway, I just bought a real nice used ATI T'5 that the original owner removed two of the tubes and placed in 6 LED pucks. We're looking forward to seeing howcit looks !

From seeing other tanks with even the expensive LED systems, we don't care for them. We almost got back to halides, but the T-5's are exciting, and have no heat issues. The only problem is the cost of replacing the tubes every 8 to 12 months, but if we choose the write spectrum for coral health and color, and for our eyes, it'll be worth the cost.

So, although we don't have the light yet or the tank up & running, lets see your T-5 lighting system and tell us all about them, why you chose them, what spectrum they are and your overall assessment on T-5 lighting.

Please post photo's and video's.

Regards,
Kevin & Patty

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back