T-5 vs LED vs Halides.. Picture thread

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha so I'm not the only one with doubts. ( I'm just yankin your chain now). If you say its led only then I have no reason to doubt you. No body cares if someone does use t5 as well, so there is no reason to lie. Anything's possible, with that size of tank, and the rock scape. Having two of those units running, I can see that. Its all meant as compliments anyhow, thanks for sharing.

Works every time lol
This shot was taken a few month earlier on a different camera.
P9130067_zpsimz3tr0n.jpg

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell you what I will do doubter lol. I will show you the pic of my tank with my LED son to prove you wrong if you will agree to donate $10 to a charity of my choice?

Son ! :D hahaha ...
You're definitely not my father, my father's choice would be T5 for sure. :D

It's ok :) Don't waste your time. Cheers!

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no shadowing using Leds, but I'm using 4 black box units on a 4ft tank. I also have the two ends units angled instead of parallel with the water line.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Son ! :D hahaha ...
You're definitely not my father, my father's choice would be T5 for sure. :D

It's ok :) Don't waste your time. Cheers!
OOps LED's on,
Hmm your father a Luddite (as many are who de neigh LED's can't grow SPS with colour are) by any chance, no offence intended? Fact is like it or not LED's grow SPS with colour as many can testify. BTW you don't have to pay silly money for the likes of Radion's to achieve the results I, my friend and many more have shown with £75 (approximately $90 US) I firmly water quality along with regular feeding pays a BIG and important part in growth and colour of SPS corals. As for the thread, I think I answered the Ops question perhaps in more ways than one.

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm at about 1 month now after switching from LEDs to T5 and I can say I clearly like the changes. The small colony that I've got from LFS it was under MH but I'm not sure for how long. Then you'll see the picture how it changed after 2 month in my tank under LEDs and finally one more how it changed at the end after switching to T5. Colors are super close to real colors on the images. I'm more than happy with the changes. Tissue looks so healthy and thick now, finally can see some PE and colors that are totally different, some yellow, purple and green. Very interesting !

T5Result001.jpg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm at about 1 month now after switching from LEDs to T5 and I can say I clearly like the changes. The small colony that I've got from LFS it was under MH but I'm not sure for how long. Then you'll see the picture how it changed after 2 month in my tank under LEDs and finally one more how it changed at the end after switching to T5. Colors are super close to real colors on the images. I'm more than happy with the changes. Tissue looks so healthy and thick now, finally can see some PE and colors that are totally different, some yellow, purple and green. Very interesting !

T5Result001.jpg
What's on the coral in the middle pic?
Almost looks like some kind of flatworms but too irregular.

ReEfnWrX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more:

T5Result002.jpg
Photos like yours that show the decline of corals from LED'S and then massive improvement from T5's or MH/T5 combos always cast a massive shadow over the posts trying to validate LED's.

I've been using LED'S for 3-6 years now. I told myself I would commit and not swap out. I'd give it 2-3 years. I have never been happy. Have tried many spectrums/intensity combinations, typically trying each for 1-1.5 months.

I am building a new tank now and can wait to put back on my 8x54w ATI power modules (not the newer hybrid LED generation).

LED'S are great for making existing color pop. But t5 and/or MH are needed for growth and coral coloring

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photos like yours that show the decline of corals from LED'S and then massive improvement from T5's or MH/T5 combos always cast a massive shadow over the posts trying to validate LED's.

I've been using LED'S for 3-6 years now. I told myself I would commit and not swap out. I'd give it 2-3 years. I have never been happy. Have tried many spectrums/intensity combinations, typically trying each for 1-1.5 months.

I am building a new tank now and can wait to put back on my 8x54w ATI power modules (not the newer hybrid LED generation).

LED'S are great for making existing color pop. But t5 and/or MH are needed for growth and coral coloring

I really liked Radions. My LPS was growing super good, I've tried BattleCorals schedule and then the new Coral Lab SPS schedule. What I've noticed after switching it's how T5 light bounce all around and fill the shadows, it's just awesome.
I'm pretty sure LEDs will replace T5 one day but at this moment based on my experience I would go T5 for sure.

damon.strange.5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one I'm currently running, my tank is young and I'm née to leds so I'm still tinkering but looks like your schedule is working well. Do you have a it in a file format that I can upload into MyAI? If you don't mind sharing, I'll shoot you a pm with my email addy.

damon.strange.5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not my handy work so I don't take credit for all the work that went into this. It's suppose to mimic cloud coverage

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back