T5 Lighting

Team_Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please give me an idea of what kind of lighting i should get.
I have a 3ft (36''x12''x18'') tank and wanted to know what size fitting and how many globes i should get on it.

I was also wondering are there any fitting that will fit under a hood, because i dont want to get rid of my hood and have overhang lighting.

Thank you

Last edited:

ConcreteReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 4 bulb T-5 retro would be nice, You can mount everything to your hood so thats not an issue.
I would use Aquactinic reflectors/hardware and Icecap ballast... a couple of Fans would not be a bad idea either, keeping T5's cool will extend bulb life.
Nice Bulb combo would be Giesemann Actinic+, ATI Blue+, ATI Procolor, & KZ Fiji Purple
That would give you great color & decent Par- LPS & Zoo's would be fine down low & you could try SPS eventually if you wanted.

Anything more than that would be overkill...

Contact Reefgeek.com or DIYreef.com for lights

OP
OP
T

Team_Invert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks alot, appreciate it.

Although with the globes, where im at i can only get Geisemann globes.
So i should get an Actinic +

there is also
AquaBlue +
Midday
Aqua Flora
Pure Actinic

Are any of these globes equivelant to the ATI and KZ globes you mentioned?

Cully

Big Daddy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my Tek 4x 39w fixture. I have 2 Actinic +, one Aqaublue +, and one Midday All Geismann's. I HATE the midday. It yellow/whites out the other 3 bulbs when it's on. I'm going to switch it out for something bluer.

GotSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36" fixture over my 30" 20 long and just switched bulbs 3 months ago to 2x ATI Aquablue Special 1xATI True Actinic 1x UVL Super Actinic and growth has been great

Back