T5 supplemental lighting

Cliff717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK since I updated to be 220 gallon I find that there are some dark spots in my tank. I am currently running 4 aI hydra gen1 lights I have always toyed with the idea of adding some T fives I think now is the time. I saw these lights on home hardware's website. I am leaning toward them because they are all in one light where I don't have separate ballasts like some of the T5 conversions kits out there. One thing I did notice is that the end caps for the lights are not the sealed type do you think that is a big deal? I like the fact that these lights are relatively cheap and available locally. What do u think?
http://m.homehardware.ca/h5/m/en/r/...r-and-Bulb-Combo/_/N-ntlupZ1z14188/R-I5121584

Mpierce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those, they are fine. As long as you don't get the end caps wet it shouldn't be an issue. I would still recommend a regular T5 retro like the miro kits if you have a spot for them. Do you use a canopy?

Mpierce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, well then my vote would be do a regular retro. If the price is right on the sunblasters I wouldn't shy away from them however.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back