Test Kits?

Jmdumbeck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which test kits does everyone use? I myself am new to the SW portion of the hobby and I use a standard API Saltwater Master Test kit with Ca and Phosphate separate tests. I've heard some people call them low-end, but it's all I can get. What does everyone recommend or use? Thanks!

zona322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
salifert all the way. i use to use api and then started using salifert what a difference they are so accurate.if you are doing fish only api is good but if it is a reef like a lot of people told me when i first started, get the best and don't look back. if you get the cheep stuff you will only end up with problems down the road. but that is just my 2 cents
craig

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the below....

salifert for magnesium
lamotte for alkalinity
elos for calcium
ph i use api
salifert for nitrate
phosphate test.. best if you can have it tested with a hanna meter..

livingstone

Dan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can be happy with all one brand. I tried to go all Elos but was so aggravated at not being able to judge my nitrate level accurately with the Elos that I bought an expensive LaMotte nitrate test. There is no question on my nitrate level now; the LaMotte nitrate is precise!

Also, my favorite online fish store just downright refused to sell me anything more expensive than API for ammonia and nitrite testing. There is just no need for more on these two tests.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back