The Battle with Red Planaria Flatworms

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by AquaNerd, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member

Oh man, this thread gave me flashbacks to when my tank was infested. I let it get way out of hand and didn't get it under control until I moved tanks. Once all the fish and corals were out I pretty much overdosed the tank (I can't remember what I used to save my life) to like 10x the recommended amount, swished the frags in a pretty high concentration, then dosed the new tank to the recommended level. It may have been excessive but it worked...

20160211_140704.jpg

20160211_145517.jpg

2. v10king

v10king Well-Known Member

Ive tried getting rid of flatworms with flat worm exit and it didn't really work at all, they just came back. I had to break down entire tank and quarantine everything then they disappeared. I recommend Bayer dip for everything that goes in to the tank to ensure no new flatworms get into the main display.

3. N1Husker

N1Husker Well-Known Member

I have a Coral Banded Shrimp, he didn't touch them. I have also tried Flatworm Exit and it works well as a dip, along with Coral X, when I get new corals, but not overall in the tank. Only after I got the Melanurus Wrasse did I finally get rid of them and I haven't seen any since.