Its like bowser's are the PIMP version of candy apple reds,lol

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the skirts seem to be identical besides the bowser's are longer

Its like bowser's are the PIMP version of candy apple reds,lol

In my experience though, the skirt can change length depending on different conditions.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O thats why these palys i have in my 66 are short skirted and in my 75 gal are long skirted!

fiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can pay $10-20 for a candy apple, or $225 for a bowser.... You see what's wrong with this picture? Who ever priced this paly is a greedy SOB.

jaypainter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dirt!

Those that don't have .... complain ! !

1 candy apple will be 20-25 polyps in 6 months.
1 bowser will be 2-3 polyps in 1yr.
That's why the price is more.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to try and get a pic of mine. I have to say I became a believer once I got them. The colors really are very nice and they are different than the CAR's. Almost like a cross between CAR's and CAO's, but those two lack a blue mouth. They seem to look better under moderate light. They really are some bright, pretty palys. Are they tons nicer than CAR's or CAO's? Maybe, maybe not, but they are sweet, and as was pointed out, they grow considerably slower than CAR's.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to try and get a pic of mine. I have to say I became a believer once I got them. The colors really are very nice and they are different than the CAR's. Almost like a cross between CAR's and CAO's, but those two lack a blue mouth. They seem to look better under moderate light. They really are some bright, pretty palys. Are they tons nicer than CAR's or CAO's? Maybe, maybe not, but they are sweet, and as was pointed out, they grow considerably slower than CAR's.

have any pics of yours ?

OceanMinded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the slow growing palys should cost less considering you dont get as many and it takes longer to grow. Has nothing to do with how rare it is. I bought 1 polyp of PPE last year and now I have 5 polyps. But i only paid $15 so i cant complain.

Paying $250 for 1 polyp and only getting 2 more within the year is plain silly.

Nonetheless the Bowser Paly is easily one of the sickest out there. On my TOP 10 list for sure.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it's really just a matter of differing philosophies on how you justify the cost of a coral. Genererally speaking, in most cases--including this one--it's a matter of the rate of supply and the potential demand. If you only start off with a few polyps, and there are TONS of people out there wanting it because it *is sicK*, but you can only expect a few new polyps in a standard frame of time, then we usually expect the price to be accordingly higher. It's not so much the "rarity" justifying the cost (though in a way it kind of is), but more the limited ability to meet the high demand. It's not about how much you can expect for your money in the standard time frame, but whether you can get it at all. Think of it this way: would you really pay $50 or $100 for a polyp of Eagle Eyes or Bam Bam Oranges just because you can expect to have 100 polyps in a year? I would think not. They grow like crazy and everyone has them and so you can sometimes pick up a frag with more polyps than dollars you are paying. Even PPE's are, at this point, pretty well spread around, so the demand is better met by the supply and the cost has come down considerably.

All that said, would I charge $250? No. I wouldn't charge that for any polyp; not my style. I would personally have a hard time taking that much money from someone for such a tiny piece of tenuous flesh. In the end though, people are begging to pay it, and businesses have bills to pay.

Last edited:

stryker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I really want to buy a frag now! I don't care if it costs $250 cuz I can make my money back no problem because based on the replies to this thread there is plenty of demand. I'll be looking for these at the next coral show at super high prices!

Great hype thread!

lowbudget

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what you talking about welis
Wow, I really want to buy a frag now! I don't care if it costs $250 cuz I can make my money back no problem because based on the replies to this thread there is plenty of demand. I'll be looking for these at the next coral show at super high prices!

Great hype thread!

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have any pics of yours ?

Finally took a shot of one frag. The baby shot off a month or so ago and is coloring up nicely. I have a couple other single polyps as well which look the same as the adult. The left side of the skirt is a bit pale because the tentacles got stung by a nearby chalice, but they've healed up and grown back finally. Just waiting for them to color up to the other side.

bowser_19086.jpg

For comparison, here are my CAR's, being kept nearby in the same tank/light. You can definitely see the similarities between them; probably related morphs. The Bowsers are brighter though, and more orange, and if you like orange like I do, it's another big plus!

cars_19054.jpg

Dylan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had CARs morph to look identical to Bowsers. I moved tanks and they faded out now though. I may be able to dig up an old picture somewhere..

jaypainter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally took a shot of one frag. The baby shot off a month or so ago and is coloring up nicely. I have a couple other single polyps as well which look the same as the adult. The left side of the skirt is a bit pale because the tentacles got stung by a nearby chalice, but they've healed up and grown back finally. Just waiting for them to color up to the other side.

Sounds like you are getting some good growth. What is your growth rate compared to you CARs.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth has been better than I expected, but it's still snail's pace compared to most others, including my CAR's. The CAR's put out new polyps all the time. The Bowsers have gone from 2 polyps in May I believe to the four I have now. I'm happy though; those colors never let me down.

Back