The End of a Saga - no more ich management

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, maybe not as dramatic as the title states - for about two years I've intended to break down my 125, catch all of my wrasses, and treat them so I don't practice ich management in any of my 4 running tanks. Well, today I bit the bullet with my 125 wrasse tank.

I broke a light and had to re-aquascape but I caught everyone and sold many of my more ornamental wrasse to a local hobbyist. No time anymore and I needed to choose fish to add to my tang tank. My long term plan is to lose this tank altogether or use as qt and at my new house I will build in the next year or two, have two large wall tanks and keep the reefer 170 I won here for a small coral tank for my daughter and wife that they choose what goes in and out.

I kept my pink margin female, bipartus and ornate leopard transitioning males, blue star male, and potters leopard, as well as my large radiant wrasse. The scared cow blonde naso (who is now a male with streamers) will be going in to my tang tank. The rest of my wrasse in that tank have been sold for now, when I get a larger reef tank I'll add them back in a tang/wrasse tank. My angel tank will turn in to a predator angel tank. I'll keep the 125 as a tank to house coral and quarantine coral for the time being, and eventually use it as a lg qt tank perhaps.

Anyway, no more ich management for me.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations, my friend. I know you've been struggling with this for some time now.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations, my friend. I know you've been struggling with this for some time now.
Yeah it's just the time I didn't have to mess with it but I forced it today. It's sad to see many of my wrasse go. I almost sold off more of my leopards but I love leopards and the rare sausage party of leopards somehow get along so well and they are so cool to watch interacting. I'll really miss the lineautis, labouti, and many others... someday again. No room.

The truth is the only fairy I kept is the only one I couldn't catch and the one I didn't want. I was shipped the female pink margin by accident, and it's the only one that remains LOL. I suspect it will change soon it's pretty big and changing color a bit

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and good job! I'm sure that was quite the job, getting them all out of the tank. I know you and your fish will be happier for it though!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and good job! I'm sure that was quite the job, getting them all out of the tank. I know you and your fish will be happier for it though!

Yeah I poured water on my LED driver so that'll cost me a new unit as I couldn't find another 36 watt aquatic life driver :(

Thanks, it'll all be worth it

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey man glad to see you taking control!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back