OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little barbie is so cute! How big is she?
Thanks Rev! She was smaller (length wise) than our male Orange Spotted filefish when we got her in February - somewhere between 1.5" and 1.75". She is now about 4.5" long. We're just thrilled that she and the smaller Regal Tang integrated so smoothly into our Angel/Tang/Wrasse community.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so where do you shop for fish......
Most of our fish come from LiveAquaria Diver's Den or LiveAquaria. We ordered our Eightline flasher wrasses from a local fish store.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a question no one ever ask, what did you do with all that styrofoam and the crate. mine is disassembled and against the garage wall, it will take two trash pick ups to dispose of all that packing. trying to decide what to do withe the crate other than sell it, but that's always an option

I just remembered that you asked about the tank crates. My wife and I just opened an art studio and mine came in handy.
IMG_5479.JPG

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just remembered that you asked about the tank crates. My wife and I just opened an art studio and mine came in handy.
IMG_5479.JPG
That is an AWESOME re-purpose!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA! Great vid! Who picked out the music? I'm voting Mike!
Thanks Rev! Blame me for the music (but Mike's a fan of the group). I found that song (along with a bunch of others in various genres) during one of many late night deep dives into Amazon's digital music library searching for songs with "sea", "water" "coral", etc. LOL!

While not a great video, it does give a good perspective of the many different species of fish we keep, as well as size comparison. We'll be working on a much nicer video shortly after Santa arrives with some highly anticipated gear... :D

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reef is looking phenomenal! I wonder if keeping your temps a little cooler also helps with the beautiful color depth your corals have? Several of mine are not coloring as well as they should IMO yet others are. Any advice? For example; your Red Robin. Mine is light pink lol. But my potassium is 400 shouldn't it be of better color? Thanks :D

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reef is looking phenomenal! I wonder if keeping your temps a little cooler also helps with the beautiful color depth your corals have? Several of mine are not coloring as well as they should IMO yet others are. Any advice? For example; your Red Robin. Mine is light pink lol. But my potassium is 400 shouldn't it be of better color? Thanks :D
Thank you Jackie for that AWESOME compliment! I think the difference in color with the Red Robin probably has more to do with lights (AI Hydra Fiftytwos/Kessil A360we's) and placement. Frag a piece of your Red Robin and place it lower in the tank in a somewhat shaded spot and I bet you'll see the color shift over time to a mix of green and darker pink.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Jackie for that AWESOME compliment! I think the difference in color with the Red Robin probably has more to do with lights (AI Hydra Fiftytwos/Kessil A360we's) and placement. Frag a piece of your Red Robin and place it lower in the tank in a somewhat shaded spot and I bet you'll see the color shift over time to a mix of green and darker pink.
Thank you! I do have it mounted high under ai sol blues and t5s... had to move my bonsai down for that reason... too much light. I may just move the whole piece since it's too close (IMO) to my purple slimer :D

cooper5389

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey question for you... I'm building a similar eurobraced 260G tank. Like to go with a ghost overflow like yours but I'm worried about the weir on the overflow being blocked and unaccessible under the glass parameter bracing on the back. Have you had any trouble with yours? Looks like from your pictures it fits nice nice and snug right under there.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey question for you... I'm building a similar eurobraced 260G tank. Like to go with a ghost overflow like yours but I'm worried about the weir on the overflow being blocked and unaccessible under the glass parameter bracing on the back. Have you had any trouble with yours? Looks like from your pictures it fits nice nice and snug right under there.

There is enough room and we've had no issues with ours. :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back