Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks BEAUTIFUL!

I love your pyramid butterfly. He doesn't bother any of the corals?
Thank You Jackie! We have (2) Pyramid's in there and neither of them pays any attention to our corals. :)

Robert Vacchiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on your new tank. I had a marineland 300 that completely leaked a year ago on my second one it is about a year old hope this one is ok but if not like you I could not do another one from them.Your tank looks great

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on your new tank. I had a marineland 300 that completely leaked a year ago on my second one it is about a year old hope this one is ok but if not like you I could not do another one from them.Your tank looks great
Greetings Robert! And thank you for the well-wishes... So sorry to hear that you too have suffered a seal failure on a Marineland tank and hope your replacement holds up well over time.

Goby-won

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated FTS taken a couple of hours ago after cleaning the Tunze 6105's and return nozzles.
M&T Beautiful as always....when do I get to see this tank in person, after all I did help put it in place...
meet....meet....meet...meet I can chant all day until you give in.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M&T Beautiful as always....when do I get to see this tank in person, after all I did help put it in place...
meet....meet....meet...meet I can chant all day until you give in.
Thank You for the kind words! We were just talking about possibly hosting a meet in May or early June... :)

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really are no words to describe how beautiful your reef is! I could watch it ALL day :D
Jackie, You are much too kind!

Our corals have a lot of growing to do to get back to where we were before the tank debacle in 2015. That said, we could not be happier with this new tank and things are looking pretty good for 5 months in.

Old shot of the 300dd:

And the most recent FTS of the Reef Savvy:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of those fish are pretty big huh? Nice job you guys!
Thanks Rev! And yes, there are some pretty good sized fish babies in there. :)

Robert Vacchiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great restart. Had my reef in a 150 Rubbermaid sump when my 300dd leaked just starting to get back to what it use to be but it's been back up for about year and half lost some really nice corals because of the leak but it takes time to get back.Yours is looking good .

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great restart. Had my reef in a 150 Rubbermaid sump when my 300dd leaked just starting to get back to what it use to be but it's been back up for about year and half lost some really nice corals because of the leak but it takes time to get back.Yours is looking good .

Thank You Robert! So sorry to hear you too suffered a seam failure, but glad your reef is bouncing back. We've got a lot of frags (many are all that we could save of some fairly large colonies that were lost while they were in temporary housing). It's gonna take a while before they grow back in. I just keep reminding myself that nothing good ever happens fast in a reef, LOL. :)

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best, most thought out reefs I've ever seen.. everything is perfect.. Love the fish selection as well. I have a love for flasher wrasses and other wrasses as well. Although one of my favorite wrasses (melanarus) tends to eat snails nonstop. Which can be quite expensive to keep replacing snails every week. Do you have a problem with any of your wrasses eating snails?

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best, most thought out reefs I've ever seen.. everything is perfect.. Love the fish selection as well. I have a love for flasher wrasses and other wrasses as well. Although one of my favorite wrasses (melanarus) tends to eat snails nonstop. Which can be quite expensive to keep replacing snails every week. Do you have a problem with any of your wrasses eating snails?

Wow, you are making us blush... but seriously, Thank You for the kind words and awesome compliments - we truly are appreciative! Our Halichoeres hartzfeldii has a voracious appetite for snails as well. He routinely picks up corals and rocks (many quite heavier than himself) and either throws or flips them to hunt out his prey. Here's a pic of "Ledecky" taken a couple of days ago with my Nikon D810 using the on-board flash:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love following your reef! Great progress with the new Reef Savvy! I'm sure those colonies will be outgrowing the old ones in no time. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, you are making us blush... but seriously, Thank You for the kind words and awesome compliments - we truly are appreciative! Our Halichoeres hartzfeldii has a voracious appetite for snails as well. He routinely picks up corals and rocks (many quite heavier than himself) and either throws or flips them to hunt out his prey. Here's a pic of "Ledecky" taken a couple of days ago with my Nikon D810 using the on-board flash:

Beautiful shot!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love following your reef! Great progress with the new Reef Savvy! I'm sure those colonies will be outgrowing the old ones in no time. :)
Daniel, thank so much for the kind words and for following our build!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back