The Philips Coral Care LED - Does it live up to expectations and claims?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRStv Investigates: Testing the Philips Coral Care LED's claims - Are they realistic?

Or CLICK HERE to watch

This week we are taking a look at the exciting new LED light from Philips. Yes, you read that right! The Philips Coral Care LED is the first foray into the reef aquarium world for the tech juggernaut. Today, we will put their claims to the test. Is this light really as awesome as the marketing material claims?​

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review! I agree this advancement could signify a change in how LED fixtures are measured against each other. I don't like the bulkiness, nor the "modern" design.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review! I agree this advancement could signify a change in how LED fixtures are measured against each other. I don't like the bulkiness, nor the "modern" design.

We were super impressed! I agree however that that housing leaves a little to be desired.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review, I really hope this does shake up the logic of most current LED mfg's and the puck design. It needs to die.

If this comes to the US @ $650 or less (the current EU price without VAT) I think they have a winner. I'll be buying 2 even with the massive fixture size (I don't mind the look). If they try to price this like a Radion... I'll just buy a couple G4's.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review, I really hope this does shake up the logic of most current LED mfg's and the puck design. It needs to die.

If this comes to the US @ $650 or less (the current EU price without VAT) I think they have a winner. I'll be buying 2 even with the massive fixture size (I don't mind the look). If they try to price this like a Radion... I'll just buy a couple G4's.

Thanks, we are excited to see what comes next as well.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite its bulkiness, it is a commercial light fixture housing with passive cooling adapted to serve the reefing community with top of the line LED diodes. That thing is built to withstand abuse and last a long time. If they offer it in black and offer upgradeability options moving forward it would be a no brainer for me! :D

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite its bulkiness, it is a commercial light fixture housing with passive cooling adapted to serve the reefing community with top of the line LED diodes. That thing is built to withstand abuse and last a long time. If they offer it in black and offer upgradeability options moving forward it would be a no brainer for me! :D

Good call, having a black housing would help to hide it a little better. The performance has really impressed us!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re selling in Europe, however they’ve apparently run into some certification roadblocks in the US. Haven’t heard anything about them since. I believe @gus6464 imported one and actually had it for sale not too long ago as he is taking a break from the hobby. Try sending him a PM.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back