OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- not that one but in the pics that have your RODI unit in them, there's a fitting that goes from the PVC fitting (a 4-way) into a mur-lok valve that looks like it will then run into the RODI.

Been looking around for how to accomplish that, I've been using a rigged up male faucet connection that came with my BRS RODI unit but want a more permanent solution.

Oh gotcha, those two setups are my reactors for the tank the upper one will run carbon the lower will run phos media.
I just used a threaded reducer down to a 3/8 John guest female fitting.
The filleting I used are all the ones off the brs reactors just I took 6 singles and made two 3 chamber reactors.

TechnicalFisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh gotcha, those two setups are my reactors for the tank the upper one will run carbon the lower will run phos media.
I just used a threaded reducer down to a 3/8 John guest female fitting.
The filleting I used are all the ones off the brs reactors just I took 6 singles and made two 3 chamber reactors.

Awesome- thanks!!

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. My only concern will be some of the ball valve being used, perhaps consider replacing some of them in harder to get to areas with spears or similar quality units? I have had bad experiences with the home depot/lowes ball valves freezing up after a year.

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. My only concern will be some of the ball valve being used, perhaps consider replacing some of them in harder to get to areas with spears or similar quality units? I have had bad experiences with the home depot/lowes ball valves freezing up after a year.

I typically use nicer ball valves but none of these will be valve that I will open and close often, all the return lines will be set and left and the large valve by the pump will only be used for cleaning the pump and changing seals.
The only reason the returns even have valves are to adjust the earlier ones on line to be the same as the later returns if need be.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show me how you hooked up the rodi to your water heater (photo on page 1). Also curious what sump that is on page 1. Trying do put all my equipment in my garage. Problem I have is my water heater is in other garage.

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show me how you hooked up the rodi to your water heater (photo on page 1). Also curious what sump that is on page 1. Trying do put all my equipment in my garage. Problem I have is my water heater is in other garage.
This is the fitting I tied into the hot water heaters feed line.
The sump in my 60g is a bashsea sump

IMG_2357.JPG

fftfk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took off today and tomorrow so lots progress today, did some trim work and built the stands for the tanks!
Tomorrow I'm planning on painting the stands and plumbing!

The tubs are
16 feet long 4 foot front to back and 16" deep each and I have two, I have a third 6 foot ones I'm
Not setting up at the time but plan on it at some point!
IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

Great build so far! Where do you get tubs like this? Did you build them?

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After lots of small odds and ends the room is finally done!
The sump and filtration is all setup to start cycling.
Rinsed the 400 lbs of Carib sea reef sand and added it to both the tubs, I know many people run bare bottom on grow out setups but I personally do not like bare bottom and believe that it's much easier to keep a more stable setup with sand. I do use thicker grade sand and vacuum it with a gravel vacuum every few months.
Lights are all hung and on a timer, I'm planning on getting more chain to drop the lights another 5-8" on both tubs to have the bulbs about 15-18" off the water.

I'll be filling it tomorrow night then start the cycling!

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so jealous what pump are you running to drive all that

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have really done an amazing job! Definitely following along!

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so jealous what pump are you running to drive all that
I've got a reeflo hammerhead, I have my eyes set on an abyzz dc pump, it will be the first I upgrade but even that's later down the road.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back